Not thinking logically!

sosantney

I have been dealing with OCD for awhile now but not till recently have considered the medication approach. The problem is that my doctor prescribed me Lexapro today. I took 10mg and I looked online and it "can" cause weight gain but it is one of the medication that is less likely to cause weight gain. But I can't stop obsessing about it, thinking that I am gaining weight every passing min and that my clothes aren't going to fit and that I can't take this medication. I know it is not rational, maybe in the long run it is, but not in one day, and its keeping me from wanting to continue the medication! Insanity.

Carol

The only way to find out if the medicine will cause you to gain weight is to keep track of your weight. Write down what you weigh today, and then weigh yourself every day for a month. If your weight goes up by more than a couple of pounds, you can ask your doctor for a different medicine before the weight gain becomes noticeable to anyone else. But if you don't gain any weight, you'll know you don't have anything to worry about!