Not too severe?

ShadowCat

For me, I don't get nervous around strangers or crowds, but I have a hard time approaching someone and talking to them. Also, I have a hard time when people unexpectedly talk to me. One time someone I didn't know said hi to me and I almost fell over and sort of chocked out a small "hi". Does this mean that my social phobia isn't all that bad?

Chilling__Echo

maybe you've made inprovement? i'm able to do presentations if they're not on the spot, i can *psych* myself up for it, but i've gotten confidence through meds too. i don't feel like mine is very severe anymore. i feel lucky :) i can work and go to school and go out with friends but the anxiety still lurks, it's just manageable

paul

I actually used to be like that, but now strangers and social events are getting to me too. How long have you had your SP?

Chilling__Echo

it started when i was 12 or so, but climaxed to when i was 17. now i'm 19. i was diagnosed when i was 17 also but knew something was wrong way before then.

sensitive

well well well, i am not sure if you are just shy or have SA but moderately.
is that possible? i mean not having SA but just thinking so :( . i hope you have it, we don't want to lose a SA mate :lol: . about me, i am sure i have it but not so bad like some other SAs who can't go out (some have been at home for years!!!) or quit job or school because of it, i guess that could never happen to me :wink: .

ShadowCat

paul said:
I actually used to be like that, but now strangers and social events are getting to me too. How long have you had your SP?

I'm not sure if you are talking to me, but I've been feeling like that for about 3-4 years.

paul

Yep, I was talking to you :)

then maybe you are getting better! If you've had it for awhile but it doesn't make you as anxious anymore, maybe take that as a sign that it might be going away. Or at least improving.