Obsessions with people

wednesday72

I have been obsessed with a (non-attainable) person for about 3 months. Every waking minute I think about them. Anyone else experience this? I want to rip out the memory of ever having noticed them out of my brain.

de

wednesday72 said:
I have been obsessed with a (non-attainable) person for about 3 months. Every waking minute I think about them. Anyone else experience this? I want to rip out the memory of ever having noticed them out of my brain.
yeah mate i get that a lot as well ;my attention moves from 1 girl to the next rather going away

Kien

I know abit about what you mean. Time ago I was obessed with an old classmate of mine from elementary school. I don't know why. A year after I finnishe elementary school I saw her on a picture in the news paper and felt that I missed her alot. She were one of the few girls that I liked in the class (not love but friend wise) but we didn't spend anytime together or any such thing. Not free-time friends or such at all. But anyway I started to think about her alot, seeing her in dreames, wished so bad that would meet her again. Obession is not good. :( The worst thing is when you start stalking people. I can admit that I did over the internet, and I'm so ashamed of it nowmore. :<

Another thing is that I'm love obsessed with a girl since 10 years back. I don't think of her all the time but everytime when I saw her in school (over 9 years) I could not deny that I still had feelings for her and that I wouls choose her before anyone else. Like if she were a soulmate. I have never met her but last year I told her about my feelings. Just to "ease my heart."

2Crowded

Yup...Sure do know what you are talking about....been doing that myself lately.....it kind of makes me feel stupid sometimes to.

Do you sometimes imagine or pretend that the person that you are facinated with is somehow observing you in your day to day activities...& so you then try to act a specific way as to impress them...even though obviously you know that that person is no where near you?

I do that sometimes.... don't know why. :?

wednesday72

Thanks for your replies, everyone, it's nice to know I am not alone on this. It is maddening.

2Crowded said:
Do you sometimes imagine or pretend that the person that you are facinated with is somehow observing you in your day to day activities...& so you then try to act a specific way as to impress them...even though obviously you know that that person is no where near you?

Absolutely! I also get delusions that they are staring at me and trying to get *my* attention! The other day when I walked into a room where he was I saw him whisper something to the boy next to him; I immediately assumed he said, "Hey look, there's my creepy stalker"! 8O

2Crowded

I think we may have the same problem as each other...as far as the facination of the unatainable persons go's.

I have not seen my unatainable facination as in (x girlfriend) in 17 years...& now for the past month I can't stop thinking about her...it's a long boring story but...I'm sure you can imagine.

tma

I have that too... and it is Really Really annoying. I am married and I LOVE the hubby, I just don't get why I can't crush like a semi-normal person.

Oh... and it doesn't have to be romantic either... I get fixated on people that I want to like me and that I *Need* to impress.