OCD Obsessions - Fears.

galigator8509

These are some of my OCD obsessions - fears:

1. I have a huge fear of gaining weight. So huge that I refuse to go on birth control because there is a possibility that you can gain a few pounds from it. Now, when I told my doctor that she goes "well would you rather gain a few pounds, or would you rather be fat for nine months?" and I have a feeling she was hoping I would choose the first one but my answer to her was "Id honestly rather be fat for nine months, than gain weight from birth control." Now, I know everyone probably thinks im crazy for giving her that answer, but its just something I couldnt help. Because my fear of gaining weight is so strong sometimes I wont eat as much as I usually do, ill count my calories, or try not to eat. Accept after doing that I go and binge like crazy and eat everything in site. The ironic part is I fear weight gain, but I cannot control my eating, and I eat non stop.

2. I have a huge fear of becoming pregnant. This fear makes me not allowed to watch any shows that include being pregnant, or having a kid. For example all those shows on the Discovery Health Channel or TLC. I can however watch 16 & Pregnant, and Teen Mom because since im older than 16 and they got pregnant a 16 I feel as though its safe to watch it because im already older than them. But all the other shows I cant watch.

3. Whenever my boyfriend has to go away on 8 hour trips for his business and m schedule doesnt allow me to go with him I literally have breakdowns. I cry, and cry, and cry, and I cant stop. Im just so upset that its like uncontrolable. I fear that if im not with him on these long trips something might happen to him, and I wouldnt have been with him.

4. I have a fear of becoming sick. I freak out, and pray everytime I hear someone say anything along the line of puke, vomit, or close related words. I also wont share any drinks or food with anyone. One time my friend drank out of my Apple Juice I had just bought, and I freaked out on her so much she gave me money to go buy a new one. Also if I hear the word cancer I get all sketched out. Plus my friend has cancer. Im just so afraid of all the illness's I hear are going to happen to me. I usually cant even TYPE the words I have mentioned, but sadly I needed too in order to express this fear.

There are more, but here are a few.

Feathers

It may be helpful to learn more about the immune system and how it works (I'm planning to do that)...

There are different ways of birth control - can you at least use condoms or some other things? (Get informed about the options, research online...) There are also 'natural ways' (that involve taking temperature and counting days, if I remember it right.. Can you get informed about those things?)

Hm, if your bf goes for long trips, some fear is understandable.. Then again, think about it: if something happened, wouldn't it be better that you are home safe and can help him later? And trust he would have people there to help him?
I'd also probably be jealous if someone went for long trips often.. Can he maybe get a job that doesn't involve such long trips? (Have you guys talked about it?)
Or can you figure out a 'system' when he calls/texts you in regular intervals or something?

Sorry to hear your friend has c. Know that it can be survivable too!! You can learn a lot about healthy food etc! When my Grandma had it, we cooked a lot of broccoli and made her beetroot/carrot/apple juice! There may be other things you can do or recommend, depending on the type your friend has.. Look up reflexology and such...
You can also choose to fight for a healthier environment and more control over everyday products... (That's what I'm trying to do with the eco projects..)

It sometimes helps to write 'worst case' scenarios and then ask myself, 'what could I do then?' and brainstorm for options... Maybe it could be helpful for you too?