OCD related issue?

chris87

I don't know how to describe my issue exactly, but I have this annoying personality flaw that I don't like. I've been trying to figure out if it's related to my OCD.

I don't like to be told something that I already know. I know that sounds so arrogant, but maybe I'm not explaining myself correctly. A good example happened today. I was putting my plate in the dishwasher, and I knew that there wasn't enough room on the bottom rack, so I would have to put it on the top. Sure enough, my Mom said to me "there isn't enough room on the bottom rack, put it on the top." I had to keep telling my Mom that I already knew there wasn't enough room, and that I had already realized that before she told me. I seem to do this with other situations...like if I'm thinking something, and a family member tells me the same thing I'm thinking before I mention it to them...it's like I have to convince them that I already had thought about it.

I just don't know why something like that gets me so upset. I don't mean to be like that, and I probably seem like a total idiot. I've been wondering if it's OCD related, because I don't know why I'd be so annoying.

dottie

yes! it's like they think you're stupid. my mom did just this to me the other day. there was leftovers in a metal tray i pulled out of the fridge. as i am reaching for a bowl to put it in she says, "you can't put that tray in the microwave."

1. it's metal- no shit.
2. does it look like i'm putting it in the microwave when i am reaching for a bowl?

i said, "do you think i'm that stupid? you insult me."