OCD with respect to my Health

alicatsprat

I'm hoping that I might be able to get some suggestions with respect to getting over my OCD.

I am currently seeing a psychiatrist, and taking an anti-depressant (I think I need to up my dose). Anyway, I can't stop thinking that something is wrong with me, health wise!!! I've had soo many different tests/exams over the past year and of course everything has come back negative. All is good. I am never satisfied though...
I'm relieved when I get the results of that test, but then I move onto thinking about another part of my body and I start to think that something is wrong with that part and then I start believing and feeling that there is really something wrong. As though my brain is making it happen. There are days/weeks when I lead a normal life, but then my OCD comes back and then I'm back to square one. Also, my thoughts are always soo extreme...I can never just have a cold...I tend to think...oh I must have a major disease...ugh! Horrible feeling!!!

I seriously think I have way too much time on my hands...thinking about all these health issues. Not sure if any of you have experienced the same thing?? If so, any tips on how to move forward in a positive light...I'm trying very hard to stay positive and not think negatively about my health...but it is proving to be difficult.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

Helyna

You have hypochondriasis. (I think that's how it's spelled.) It's another anxiety disorder I read about in one book. I don't know much about it, but I thought I'd point you in the right direction.

alicatsprat

Thanks Helyna! I am going to venture out and find a book about it, this way I can educate myself and hopefully try to stop these thoughts that keep running through my mind.
I really appreciate your post! Thanks for taking the time!