Och aye the noo

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Shouldnae huv gone to ma physiotherapy session today. Ma left leg has been sore since ah woke up this morning. And it's gotten painfully worse aw day, ah cun barely walk. Hope this subsides? Though, I'm sure it's nothin'.

Oh, and ah will'nae need tae go to as many physio sessions very soon.
happy-dancing.gif
Since ah've made considerable improvement every week since February, despite no wearin' ma leg braces. Which I'm very happy aboot, cuz ah hate the fact my sessions are early, at half past 9 in the morning. So I'm coming in, just as the staff at Lochmaben community hospital are starting their days as well.

As for comedy gigs, well speakin' fae experience huvin been to a fair few. It's the worst sittin' in the front row. :eek:mg: Ma first time at the Edinburgh Fringe festival still haunts me. Ah cun look back n' laugh now. But at the time, ah nearly fuct up the debut Edinburgh show for a fairly well-known American stand-up comic and actress
What happened there??? And wh's this comedienne?? Do tell... :bigsmile:

It's getting beyond frustrating being forced to be more extroverted, despite being an introverted. :kickingmyself:
I wonder if theres ANY way (mentally?) for you to not be as frustrated, not get angry at them, not feel "hen-pecked", etc??? Just so u can be a little less aggravated on a daily basis (as not good for th' depression, as these negatives can seems to trigger anthr bout o depression every few days it seems). I thnk you need to try to somehow treat their "nag-atives" as positive, for yer own sanity mate. :question:

Graeme1988

I wonder if theres ANY way (mentally?) for you to not be as frustrated, not get angry at them, not feel "hen-pecked", etc??? Just so u can be a little less aggravated on a daily basis (as not good for th' depression, as these negatives can seems to trigger anthr bout o depression every few days it seems). I thnk you need to try to somehow treat their "nag-atives" as positive, for yer own sanity mate. :question:

Aye, but how? It's no easy constantly being telt that yer no like the rest o' the family, therefore, there's somethin' wrong with you. :thumbdown:

And there the ones harping on aboot it. Ah just shrug it off :idontknow: with the "It's just how I am, ah guess..." explaination, or excuse as they call it. I'm mair angry at masel' than them. Mibbe ah should change to be more like them? Like the same sorta music, movies and TV shows. And get rid of my highly sensitive, quiet demeanour and being nice. And be just as loud, overbearing, immature and self-centred as my sisters.

Instead of remaining this bald, intimidating lookin', bookish loner who keeps to himself.

Aye, but how? It's no easy constantly being telt that yer no like the rest o' the family, therefore, there's somethin' wrong with you. :thumbdown:

And there the ones harping on aboot it. Ah just shrug it off :idontknow: with the "It's just how I am, ah guess..." explaination, or excuse as they call it. I'm mair angry at masel' than them. Mibbe ah should change to be more like them? Like the same sorta music, movies and TV shows. And get rid of my highly sensitive, quiet demeanour and being nice. And be just as loud, overbearing, immature and self-centred as my sisters.

Instead of remaining this bald, intimidating lookin', bookish loner who keeps to himself.

I don't mean you shuld change yer personality, no not at all, but that it wuld help you greatly if you were to work on how u react to your family's words, to improve your inner reactions. So u wuldnae feel angry at them (blaming), nor yerself (depression), but just a kinda "accepting all as it is" (not resisting). Do ya get what i'm sayin here?. Not sad, nor mad, but glad.
Easy to say than do of course, but i feel i have progressed a fair bit o'er the last few years with this aspect. Mind, it does take MUCH practise & time, as havin to breaks habits of a lifetime is real hard.
You ask how? Well i cannae tell ye th specifics, as that'll be your job to be done over the years to come. But i can tell ye in general, that to try to squeeze any bit o positivity from harsh words from people, and if ye find nout positive, then simply say to self things like 'this is positive', 'this is good for me', 'i can gain positive benefits from this', 'the universe has directed them to say those words to me which i need' ... you get the idea. Each time sby says "harsh" words to ye, you need to get inta the habit of immediately turning the negatives (words & reaction) into positives (words & reaction).

So that my friend, is the SOLUTION. That's what ye need to do. Your life will then be WAY better. But ye must KEEP AT IT, day in, day out, at every single opportunity. Put the effort into it, & ye will be rewarded. But if ye put no effort in, well, things will stay exactly the same .. as if nout changes, then nout changes...

IT'S ALL UP TO YOU.

Graeme1988

I don't mean you shuld change yer personality, no not at all, but that it wuld help you greatly if you were to work on how u react to your family's words, to improve your inner reactions. So u wuldnae feel angry at them (blaming), nor yerself (depression), but just a kinda "accepting all as it is" (not resisting). Do ya get what i'm sayin here?. Not sad, nor mad, but glad.

Aye, ah get ye, chief. :thumbup:

Easy to say than do of course, but i feel i have progressed a fair bit o'er the last few years with this aspect. Mind, it does take MUCH practise & time, as havin to breaks habits of a lifetime is real hard.
You ask how? Well i cannae tell ye th specifics, as that'll be your job to be done over the years to come. But i can tell ye in general, that to try to squeeze any bit o positivity from harsh words from people, and if ye find nout positive, then simply say to self things like 'this is positive', 'this is good for me', 'i can gain positive benefits from this', 'the universe has directed them to say those words to me which i need' ... you get the idea. Each time sby says "harsh" words to ye, you need to get inta the habit of immediately turning the negatives (words & reaction) into positives (words & reaction).

So that my friend, is the SOLUTION. That's what ye need to do. Your life will then be WAY better. But ye must KEEP AT IT, day in, day out, at every single opportunity. Put the effort into it, & ye will be rewarded. But if ye put no effort in, well, things will stay exactly the same .. as if nout changes, then nout changes...

IT'S ALL UP TO YOU.

To be fair ah think ah hud a fair go at this during ma brief stay in hospital. Though, it's kinda harder fur me in tha sense o' being a man. Ah don't mean that in a sexist way, but just how yer taught tae just take criticism an harsh remark n' dae nuthin' aboot it. Least o' aw stand up fur yersel'.

Anyway, ah'll gie it another bash. Though, to be fair, it'll no be easy. Considering everybuddy aroon hus this perception o' me as this dour-faced, unfriendly, anti-social shitbag simply cuz ah prefer being on ma own. Thus they'll say dour, pessimistic, provocative shite tae me in the belief that sarcasm devoid of wit = funny. Cuz they constantly misread ma monotonous, deadpan, ironic sarcasm of "Aye, very funny" as praise. See, this is the level o' female intelligence ah huv to deal with. That sentence sounds more sexist than ah intended it to be.

And the only positive ah've kinda took fae their harsh words over the years, is that I'm actually smarter than ma mum and sisters, as far as knowing shit that they do. Hell, I'm still taken aback by ma oldest sibling accidently turn down the brightness of her smartphone by mistake and thinking the battery hud died. And more sensible, in that ah tend to think things through rather than be impulsive.

Graeme1988

What happened there??? And wh's this comedienne?? Do tell... :bigsmile:

Firstly, sorry ah didnae notice you'd post this reply, curious aboot ma first Edinburgh Fringe experience.

Secondly, d'ye still want me tae tell this story? :giggle: Not that I'm refusing to, it's just going to a long post. Also, ah hope yer awrite with tellin' ye aforehand that, ah already telt o' this incident to a fellow UK SPW user 2 years ago. Though, to be fair, ah left oot a few details. So, d'ye want just tae know who it wus and the story of how ah nearly messed up, like incident itself? Or d'ye want every detail ah cun remember?

Oh... and yer no an avid cricket fan, are ye? Only askin' 'cause that sport plays a vital in the story.

Oh, i'm just curious if i'd know of this comedienne. So if ye could tell us in as few words as possible (whilst still retaining all the humour of the story) that wuld be lovely!

And no, i be no fan of cricket(s) nowadays.

Graeme1988

Oh, i'm just curious if i'd know of this comedienne. So if ye could tell us in as few words as possible (whilst still retaining all the humour of the story) that wuld be lovely!

And no, i be no fan of cricket(s) nowadays.

As few words as possible? Eh, this might be 2 posts long due to the amount of detail ah remember fae the gig. Okay. So... have you heard of Janeane Garofalo? Don't if you've ever seen The Larry Sanders Show? But she was Paula for a few seasons on that show. It's probably her most well-known TV series role. Oh, and she played the part of Janis Gold in Season 7 of 24.

JaneaneGarofalo_800x600.jpg

Graeme1988

Right, sorry ah had to a split post - ma broadband connection hus'nae been great aw day. So we're at the Gilded Balloon, right? In the garden area, which is just to the left of this photo
250px-Teviot_row_house.jpg

The reason ah mention this is 'cause I'm sat in ma wheelchair downing a full bottle of Magner's pear Irish cider with ease. To the point where ma oldest sister offers to buy me another afore we head into the venue, which she does. And ah almost finish it tae, but with the show looming we head up to the debating hall part of the venue where the show's being held to wait in the foyer. Going up in this wheechair lift, which is mounted onto the side o' building. My mum expressing her usual worst case scenario, but a member of staff informing her it does work, jokingly sayin' we'd need lifted out if it breaks doon. :giggle:

Looking out the window we get a spectacular view of the Udderbelly spiegeltent, which we were telt to look out fur whenever askin' a few folk for directions to the venue we were now in.

udderbelly-LST065871_b.jpg

Anyway, we're sitting there quietly, me just finishing ma second bottle o' cider, for better or worse. When Scottish-Asian comedian Hardeep Singh Koli...
1552427648.jpg

... wonders past us, sayin' "Hullo" to us in his Glaswegian accent. Him and I giving a wee nod to each other, much to my mum's bewilderment.

"Who wus that?", she asks me and my sister, giving a wee nervous laugh after it
"Hardeep Singh Koli!", my sister and I say in unison
"Did ye no recognise him?", ah say back to my mum
"Nut"
"Is he relate to Sanjeev who play Navid in Still Game? *"
, ma sister asks me. As they both share the same surname.
"Aye, he is. That's Sanjeev's brother. Couldnae tell ye which is the older of the time, like"
"Aww, right, ah didnae ken that"
, my sister says, surprised by this wee fact.​

After a brief moment of silence between the 3 of us, ma sister gently nudges me n' goes...

"Hi! Is that her?", she whispers.
"Eh?", comes my slightly confused response. My sister then nods to get me to look over my left shoulder.
"Aye, it is", I lean in and whisper, smiling. Noting her turquoise sleeveless shirt, black trousers and Adidas trainers. Yep! Ah still remember what she wus wearing - which is creepy as f**k.
"Her wi' aw them tattoos, yer jokin'?!", my sister responds. Lookin' slightly shocked
"Naw, that's definitely her, like", I say covering my mouth and leaning forward. My sister then looks up from me, quickly then back at me
"She's an awfy wee wummin, is she no?", she says. I just laugh at this as well as my mum joining in with, "Ah wus just gonnae say that, masel'..."

Sorry, if it seems like I'm deliberately draggin' this story oot. I'm no, it just ah cun remember all the lead up to the incident, which I'm just aboot tae divulge.

* Still Game is a very funny, phenomenally popular Scottish sitcom that centres around the antics of 2 Glawegian pensioners.

Graeme1988

So, hopefully yer still following this story, aye? By now yer probably bored shitless by ma havering oan... Ha!

Anyway, I digress. So one of the venue's staff comes out, a slightly chubby wummin, and asks if we're waiting for next show. Upon learning that we are, she tells us the staff will just be a moment clearing up then they'll get us in and seating. We wait about 15 minutes before the same member of staff comes out again, checks our tickets and guides us to our front-row seats.

It begins... And to give you an idea where we were seating it's the opposite aisle to the first row of chair that are in foreground of this photo.
1239547439_f231426c7b_b.jpg

And here's where the embarrassment begins. :eek:mg:

Janeane does her own introduction, belts it down the aisle from where that guy in green shirt is standing the photo above. Only to have the chord of her microphone get caught in the spokes of my wheelchair on my left-hand side. After a brief moment helping her untangle her mic, me apologising as I do. She then says, "A guy in a wheelchair, cool". First big laugh of the evening. Followed with a "Hi". I say, Hiya to her in response. :blushing: :shyness: Blushing and starstruck, cuz she's right there next to me, leaning on my armrest. My brain has checkout and trying to process this surreal moment.

Holy f**k, man! Janeane Garofalo's talkin' tae me. She's smilin' at me. She's no bad lookin'. Goan yersel', big man. Snog her, go on..!

After what seemed like 5 minutes, she asks me if I'm okay. Ah go, "Aye, fine", still blushing.

"You're not embarrassed by what just happened?"
"A wee bit.."

"Aww, don't be. Honestly, it was nothing. If anything you've made this night memorable for me. And I promise you, you'll look back on this night and laugh, okay?" I nod, and she smiles and says "Good, we agree on that". This gets another laugh. Garofalo then turn takes the A3 sketch pad and other things she brought with her off the lap of this young girl sitting in the opposite aisle to me. Whom was handed it when Janeane notice the mic was caught.​

Before finally jumping up on stage, Garofalo looks up at the balcony andquips,
"Sorry to have kept you waiting. I wasn't perpared for that to happen. Anyway, better get on with the show or we'll be here all night"

Oh, I should probably mention at this point that the only UK live review for Janeane prior to her Edinburgh Fringe debut, was one that was published online 3 days before. In which it was noted that, at the Latitude festival in Suffolk, England, Ms Garofalo walked off stage 10 minutes into her 45 minute time slot due to her opening material being received to dead silence. Luckily, she faired better in Scotland's capital.

Sorry for digress there. But, anyway, she opening with a bit about the questionnaire you have fil in now to get a Green Card for permanent residency immigration status in the States. A routine she's happy got more laughs than at Latitude and enquires if anyone in the audience heard about her recent gig in England. Me, my mum, sister and few other responding with an emphatic "Yes". Telling us that:
"It's harder to make drunk people laugh during the afternoon in a tent while indie bands are loudly play in the distance."​

After a brief pause to look over her notes, and get a drink of water, making a self-aware observation about her reliance upon having written notes on stage with her as she does so, Janeane then goes onto her next bit. which requires some dreaded audience participation.

She takes out a card and asks someone from the audience, selecting my mum. Now this card was about the size of a quiz card with the words...I EAT P U SSY printed in the centre. My mum nervously agrees, Janeane briefly pointing the card in my direction, but I'm trying to surpress a big laugh. I then whisper in my mum's ear...
"Go on, Mum. It'll be a laugh", giggling to myself.​

But my oldest sister spoils the fun. Still hiding her face, as she had done the moment the card was thrust in our direction, she goes:

"Don't read it, Mum!"

The embarrassment as evident in her voice as it in my disappointment at having a hilarious moment denied. Some young American fella 2 row behind me read out the card. Which get a laugh, but it nowhere near as funny as it could've been, had it been said by a Scottish wummin who was in her early 60s at this point. I quiet complain to ma sister for spoiling it.

"Whit did ye dae that fur?! That wus going to get a big laugh", I whisper, slightly upset.
My sister sit there, non-responsive
"Ah wus gonnae read it, tae! Why did ye stop me?"

Graeme1988

^ Sorry for makin' the true anecdote a multiple post affair, by the way.

Anyway, here where ah truly make a total arse o' masel' and succumb to foot in mouth disease, right?

So, up until this point, the show has been going well. Though, after a particularly funny, acute observation about the reality TV show Big Brother, Janeane starts doing a routine about how she doesnae understand how a game of crickets is played. While that's summit most Scots can relate to, here where thing start to go wrong rather quickly. As cricket is only played by the really upper class posh toffs in Scotland. To the rest of Scotland it's a homosexual martial art. It's no summit that gets dicussed over a pint in the pub, if ye ken whit ah mean? Certainly no in the part of Scotland I'm from, mibbe in Highland? :idontknow: And ah know Americans, for the most part, cannae quite get the idea of Britain being 3 and a half seperate individual countries and just single oot England, being the biggest in term of population and media representation in the UK.

Going off oan a bit o' tangent there, sorry. As ah wus sayin', here where the shite hit the fan.

As, mid-sentence, Janeane is heckled by 2 English lad sitting at the end of the aisle we're in, closest to the door, trying their best to explain a game cricket to her. Who, by sound of their really posh accents were from Chelsea or some other really middle-class London area. She's wander over to them, and crutches down to be eye level. This is my mum, sister and I get involved, heckling back. :eek:mg: Garofalo moving away from the 2 lads, now crutched to look the 3 of us in the eye. And, our exchange going as follows.
On
"Scottish people don't really play cricket", my sister says.
"Oh, okay... Any particular reason why?"
"We don't really understand it", my sister replies
"Okay..."
"It's kinda boring", my mum interjects
Okay, so you don't get it, it's boring..." Brace yersel', here's where I go too far. And deliver a line with a much subtlety as a pint glass in the face.
"... And it's not a "real" sport", I blurt out in a deadpan, sarcastic tone which shocks the whole room. :eek: Loudly ooh-ing and gasping in disbelief, all staring me. I just laugh at their, as ah love that audience reaction when y'know a line has been crossed. Sadly, with only 2 bottles of cider in me, ah wus still too sober to blame this oan tha booze.​

Janeane, trying not to laugh, herself, opts for feigned ironic outrage at my remark.
"Oh, young man, how dare you! I am truly shocked that you would say such a thing. Though, you three have just made the same exact observations I was going to make. So, I can't argue against you. And it is kinda boring... so you could be right"

^ She whispers this last bit to my mum, sister and I off mic. And we laugh, promoting the young English lads to leave. Noticing this, Garofalo try to persuade them to come back...
"Hey, where ya going? Are you leaving? I didn't... How was I supposed to know the 3 Scottish natives would be in my audience tonight?!", she yells as you jumps off stage and peck her head round the door​

^ This last quip gets a huge laughs. She then turn back to me asks
"You were just kidding, right?" Leading this bit of banter.
"Aye... kind of"
"I'll take that as a "Yes", then?"
"Uh-huh!" Janeane then stick her head back and yell that I was just kidding, asking them to come back. And just as she's about to apologise on my behalf, ah interrupt, sayin'...
"Eh, would it not better if that came from me?"
"Sure, go ahead..." With that ah lean forward in ma wheelchair.
"I'm sorry lads! Ah didnae mean it, sorry ah offended ye. C'mon back!"
Silence
"Are they coming back? Are they still out there?, I ask. Nervous laughs as Janeane steps out the room this time.
"Nope! They're gone", Garofalo says, shrugging and sighing as she re-enters the room and walks back on stages. As she picks up the microphone, I quip that...
To be fair, they were closest to the door, so would've been first to leave anyway". This makes the audience howl with laughter, my sister and mum even applauding. Janeane laughing to herself, shaking her head. Then she says:
"Do you remember what I said about looking back on this night and laughing about it?" This call-back to what she said to me at the start of the show gets a laughs, cheers and appaluses from the rows behind and opposite me. :bigsmile:

And if wus'nae bad enough, she then asks me how she should proceed with the rest of her hour-long show. Calling me wheelchair guy. Not that Garofalo took her eyes off me all evening. Though, ah still cannae quite believe ah actually told her the cricket routine wus'nae going to get that many laugh and to drop it in favour of summit else. Telling her that:
"There's no point, unless those English lads wander back intae the room. Aye, let move on, it wus funny up until that cricket bit"

Me giving advice to a well-established American comic about their own show in the middle of it. That takes balls, like.

That said, she couldnae huv picked a more apt idea to discuss. Cause then she did this bit about how she'd loved to be a "high functioning alcoholic". Just as she is now, except moderately to severely drunk most of the time. This promotes my mum and sister to join in the banter. My mum informing Janeane that

"Well, you could do worse than move here."
"That very kind of you, but I'd be a lightweight at best. Knowing Scottish people capacity for drinking. And Glasgow's pretty rough, though you'd probably get used to a night out ending with a punch in the face and street fight after awhile if you're a Glaswegian."
My sister then quips: "It's just Glasgow. That's how most Friday and Saturday nights out end in Scotland, especially if someone had too much to drink"

Graeme1988

That is very funny!!!
You're LEGEND!!!

Me - legend? Cheers! :brindis: :shyness:

And if that wus'nae funny enough. The car journey home wus hysterical, my mum and sister sayin', "She fancied you! Did ye notice how she didnae take her eyes off ye nearly the whole night". Me just nodding and laughin'. And mum complaining
"Why did ye no let me read oot that caird?!"
"Ah know, that wus a missed opportunity, there. With your accent tae, that's would've been hysterical"
, ah say turning to compose masel'
"You should've read it, Graeme", ma sister goes.
"Ah couldnae, did ye no see tryin' to contain masel' fae laughin'?"

Oh, and irony of it all. As we're makin' our way to my sisters car, 2 Scottish lads start fighting just near one of those food trucks. One of the tackles the other, baith their drinks go flying, spilling some of the beer on me, causing me to exclaim:
"Aww, ya b@$%@rd$!". My mum tell me to shhh...!! "I'm soaked noo!" My sister laughin' her heid off.​

Y'know, ironic, give Janeane's bit about Scots being functioning alcoholics. Also, this random fight wus in Edinburgh, the cultured part of Scotland. And the feckin' bagpipe music. Not that ah hate, but by Christ, they go laldy with it during the Fringe. Ah noticed this last year when ah went to the Fringe.

Also, her 2009 Edinburgh Fringe run must've had some impact cuz Janeane wus nominated or the Best Newcomer award that year. And she kept that bit about Scotland and alcoholism in her stand-up special the following year.

I'm actually hoping she return to the Edinburgh Fringe again this year, as I wasn't able to go to the Fringe in 2013, when she returned to the festival. Though, I'll need to shave ma beard, as ah wus clean-shaven during that 2009 incident. Mind you ah don't if she'd remember me? If ah wus sittin' in the front row wearin yin o' ma funny slogan t-shirts.

"Hey, remember me, hen?! Edinburgh 2009..."
wink2.gif

And here's the ticket Janeane kindly signed for me after the show.
wxAPgC1.jpg

Last edited:

Graeme1988

It's becoming increasingly difficult for me to say how ah feel, in real life, and be taken seriously. :sad: Apparently, my tiredness n' depression are just excuses to be lazy. :kickingmyself:

Graeme1988

It'd be great if ah could actually enjoy summit. Lately aw ma time seems focused on rehab, that ah just feel depressed and ah cannae take ma mind off it, either. Like there's nothin' else in ma life that even brings me joy anymore. Nowt tae look forward to, except maybe, a music gig or comedy show that'll distract ma mind for a few hours. Anxiety enducing as those experiences might be. Ah cannae even concentrate long enough tae read a book for more than a few pages. Weird for someone like me who loves reading.

Ah don't know... Mibbe gettin' this surgery has been a massive mistake? :sad: :idontknow: Things certainly huv'nae went as ah'd hoped as far as the leg braces and physiotherapy side o' things goes. F**k! No wonder ah feel depressed. ::(:

Graeme1988

:kickingmyself: Why me, eh? Buckin' hell! I am really startin' tae hate ma physiotherapy team, like - the wimmin, not the Indian fella. It's just the subtle wee digs at ma personality. Honestly, ever since ah started going to that community hospital it's been like this. :veryangry: Ah'll be glad to see the back o' that place soon, ah'll tell ye. Makes me wish ah wus still in the Royal Infirmary at Dumfries. But that's another story...

Cun they just no except that ah just prefer not to complain, even when ah huv every right to? Ah mean whit's the point? Ah got a shite deal in life from the off, so might as well make tha maist o' it, right?

Aw, and sorry anaw, that ah prefer not tae play intae that whole "men are right grumpy b@$%@rd$, aren't they?" stereotype. It's just, if ah want to be a c*nt, ah want ma reason(s) for acting as such to be justified. Sorry, there ah go bein' aw logical - typical f**kin' man, eh?! :bigsmile:

It really does ma heid in that, by no affirming the typically arrogant, obnoxious, cocky, overly confident aspects that most men huv in their nature, it somehow makes me seems weird. Nah dad! Or positive male role model in ma life to aspire to emulate. So, there ye go.

Also, growing up with a bunch o' temperimental, immature, aggressive wimmin, who are prone to either violence or mental torture if things dinnae go their way. Ah know that might seem like an very unpleasant, even harsh, thing tae say aboot yer ain muther and yer siblings. But ah've been oan the receivin' end o' baith in ma 28 years.

So ah'll take being shy meek and huvin an indifferent, couldnae-give-a-f**k outlook on life over that level of mental mind-f**kery. If ye dinnae mind? Oh, and sorry if ah dinnae get overly personal with folk ah don't really know that well, either. :thumbdown: And nagging... Ha! Ah've got so use tae that fae a young age, it doesnae phase me. Other than me resisting the temptation tae tell ye tae "Shut yer hole!".

RANT OVER!!

Graeme1988

Just realised ah huv'nae talked about stuff that ah've been meaning to get around to oan here.

• My hospital experience - both pre and post-surgery
  • Whit life has been like since
  • And why no, the music and comedy gigs ah've seen since March

Ah know... I'm a lazy c*nt. I am! There's nae two way aboot that. Though, seeing 2 back-to-back comedy shows isnae a bad way tae spend yer weekend. :bigsmile: Just got back fae the first yin tonight, which kicked off the Dumfries and Galloway Arts Festival. Which ah also went tae last year. Though, tonight ah've came back feellin' a bit self-conscious about the part of Scotland that I'm from. :eek:mg:

Graeme1988

No much tae report the day. Feelin' depressed, but ah'll talk aboot that soon, mibbe? Eh, ah finally got ma 2nd pair o' plain black shoes fur ma leg braces today.

And you'll never guess... THEY FIT! BUCKIN' YASSS!!
happy-dancing.gif

Though, ah feel bit ripped off that they're velcro... :giggle: :bigsmile: (Sorry, ah know, that wus a shite joke) :eek:mg:

Now ah just got tae get used tae walkin' in them, as ah should've been fur tha past few months. Wish me lucky, folks. This is gonnae be a hellish few weeks o' rehab gettin' used to ma new leg braces.

MollyBeGood

"What a fickle buncha c*nts!!"

This actually goes in the "Random Thoughts" thread but I felt it more safe here LOL