Off-topic: New Orleans and priorities

How do you rate the US Federal Gov't response to the Hurricane Katrina disaster?

• Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• Fair/satisfactory/adequate

• Falling short

• Poor

• Abominable/disgraceful/appalling; someone should get the Abu Ghraib treatment over this!

• Total voters

Fighter86

I live in Singapore so I most probably don't get as much coverage of the situation as u people in the US. But from some of the pix I have seen, it seems more like 'Mayday' at New Orleans now. There was some news that the mayor of New Orleans was complainig that the govt was not doing enough to help & judging by the pix, I'll say that the people sure need loads of help- I mean deaths are occuring and people are sick without medical care, passing out on the streets > it doesn't take some rocket scientist or professor type to figure out "HELP IS NEEDED".

ColdFury

Kezada said:
ima buy a video soon, its called "the assasionation of george w bush jr" in stores some were around october.

Kezada

Saying things like that can get this board into some serious trouble.

blubs

on the news the other day, after all the coverage about katrina
there was an item about mars..
so a country has the resources and technology to get to a whole other planet
but it falls too short of helping its own people

I agree with you J
from what I've seen..its a disgrace

J

Chilling__Echo said:
anyway, i don't want to fight with anyone, it's just my opinion, i'm open to everyone else's so don't let me step on anyone's toes b/c i'm not trying to

I don't see myself as "fighting with you," or the vice-versa of that. Just a discussion. :) And a discussion with far more civility and thought and probity on both sides than you'll ever hear on talk radio. :) If only our politicians could adopt the same tactics, of discussing things and looking at them on their factual and logical merits, instead of loudly screeching focus-group-tested "talking points" and intentionally obfuscating and dumbing things down for partisan purposes. We should all run for office! :p

Besides, we seem to agree on much. :) And I don't think "to disagree" necessarily means "to fight." :) People who disagree should discuss; it's a good thing.

Disagree with me all you want! I'm not always right, and neither is anybody else. :D

J

I'm very anti-censorship, but I suggest to the moderators that the couple of posts in this thread that contain Pat Robertson's favorite "A" word be removed, if for no other reason than to protect the poster from having CIA or MI6 agents come crashing through his door after they trace his IP address.

SPECTACULAR

I just got something from MSNBC. you probably have seen it. it shows two police officers who are stealing from a supermarket not being afraid of them being video taped!
Just download it from here:
http://www.free-hoster.cc/users/salam1/991.wmv

I couldn't stop laughing when the reporter was talking to her and she said that she's looking for looters. she was stealing!

the situation there is unbelievable. It's gonna take time if police are like this. :?
It takes almost 30 minutes to download if you're using dial-up. Enjoy it. :wink: