Once it starts, how do you stop it?

fresca

For those that do not take meds or ionoto, how do you stop it once it starts?

As most of you know, once it starts, it's difficult to stop. What sort of solutions are there? Here are some of mine.

- I usually fill the tub with some cold water and dip my hands and/or feet in for 5 minutes. It usually works for a bit...but it usually returns.
- Another way is to eat. For some strange reason, having a full stomach stops the sweating temporarily.

Any other suggestions, folks? Thanks!

tbanner523

Strangely enough. when I eat or have just finished eating, I get some relief from sweating....there are some exceptions.....spicy food, for example, or if it is hot out and I am outside eating.

Jezza

Yeah, same here...

When I eat, usually seriously less sweating...

Except with pizza and I eat the slices using my hands (which is the only way to go really, when eating pizza)...

Kind of weird all these seemingly little things a lot of us seem to have in common.

No extra problems with spicy food though, luckily, because I like spicy food, I'm always adding peppers and salt to my food. I have the feeling when I don't use enough of them I get light in the head, although rationally I can't really see the connection. Yes, the HH probably makes you loose more minerals than the next person, but still, there should be enough in a regular diet not to get problems with that...

Anyway, obviously you can't eat all day (well you can, but I doubt that would be good for your health)...If there was a realistic way to switch of the sweating like that, no meds, no ionto, I guess there would be no HH. Sadly though, there is... :(

sadday

Take my top off and stand infront of the open refrigerator. Although I can only do that when I'm home alone.

beckiboo

im ok if im eating on my own..I havent really noticed it pouring off me..but in social eating situations im pretty bad, its so embassising and because I worry about it its worse! I have to keep a napkin handy and it getts all soaked and falls apart! I dont really sweat when im asleep and if im outside on a cool, breesey day, other than that its pretty constant and gets worse when im around people or driving..I avoid taking passengers at all costs! :oops:
funnily enough I too have had a couple of occasions where ive been drinking and its stopped sweating...but only when I was very very drunk and because of that probably forgot I even had HH!!

rxman

New guy here... for me it's a wave and goes away after a few horrible minutes. Maybe 5-15 minutes is typical and then I'm fine (but soaked). Because for me it's always social situations, I typically excuse myself and I go melt down in a restroom. The cold water on the hands and face helps - mine begins as craniofacial and gets embarrassing quickly.

Azzyras

HH (Palmar)

Hey Guys, I have had it pretty bad all my life until about 1 year and 1/2 ago. I almost tried ETS, but my doc adviced me to take Rubinol (Glycopyrrolate) 2mg; I take it twice a day one in the morning and 1 after about 4 hours. I have been dry ever since, not only my hands (99.9%) but a reduction in sweat in my feet as well by 80%! There is a little side effect like dry mouth but in my case very tolerable.
Good luck to everyone! I wish I had known about this long time ago. I am 40 now and single so I still have a lot social life to catch up with.