One last thing to get over my insecurities...

MrJones

... in my dreams! My insecurities are bigger than ever. I don't know why, my condidence seems to be higher but I'm more fragile. It's kind of weird, whatever.

We all would want to know the opinion other's have of us, right? Then behold the ultimate act of selfish, self-centered attention-seeking insecurity.

I need you people (if you want), say what you REALLY think of me. Deep inside we all should want a post like this, but it's too pathetic, huh? I don't care about being pathetic anymore, after all I've been called.

I don't want posts like "you're awesome there's nothing wrong with you, blabla". I want a real opinion, with the good and the bad. I want to believe what you say, so plese help me :D

So after getting rid of my last bit of dignity, here I wait, in case anyone wants to help me.

Hoppy

It's like building a house. You can make the structure stand but until the concrete is properly dry the building is too fragile to live in.

I know, it doesn't help much and it isn't what you asked, but considering that a few years ago I registered on a forum with the name Mr Jones, I hereby call you an identity thief.::p:

Kinetik

You can't get to know someone very well over the internet, but I associate you with both helpful and supportive posts. In real life, the people closest to you are the best judges of your character, even though we tend to do the opposite and disbelieve them because of their proximity and close relationship to us. In that sense I think we do them a disservice by assuming they are biased beyond all reason, when really, they do have a good feel for the real you. It might sound stupid, but I always say if your mother thinks you're a good dude, then you probably are.

Last edited:

MrJones

Thank you both for your replies!

People from real life know only a part of me, as I can talk freely about how I feel (yet).
I behave differently here, I talk more, I try to help but I also complain nonstop. I don't know. Sometimes I feel acceptec, sometimes I feel like a total outcast. I'd like to see what people think of me, especially those who know me better (I know it's a silly thread ::p:).

PS: babies are supposed to be cute, not scary! D:

coyote

you're awesome there's nothing wrong with you

i think you may be a little too hard on yourself

you obviously suffer from depression and low self-esteem - but those are not personal failings, and i believe you have the power to overcome them if you allow yourself too

i think you're good looking

you are kind, compassionate, and considerate of other's feelings

i think you have a good sense of humor

you are obviously intelligent and and articulate and have an impressive understanding and feel for the english language for someone who lives in a non-english speaking country

i enjoy talking to you about a wide range of topics

i consider you a friend

MikeyC

You can't get to know someone very well over the internet, but I associate you with both helpful and supportive posts.
This is basically what I wanted to say. Well put, Kinetik.

Jones, it's very difficult for me to answer that question but I hope you get the answers you want. :)

MsBuzzkillington

I think that you have a good heart and that you are a good person. You always seem to be caring of others on the forum and I've never seen you speak badly of anyone or be mean to anyone.

You are way too hard on yourself.

We all have our flaws, all of us. We all have bad moments, bad days, and bad habits. Not everyone in the world gets along with everyone else. Not everyone likes everyone else. A person could be a very likeable, friendly, and amazing person and not everyone is going to like them. It's just one of those things.

We all have good qualities about us too. There is always going to be someone who likes you and appreciates your qualities, always going to be someone out there who enjoys your company and personality.

I think asking a question like "Tell me what you REALLY think of me and don't hold back" doesn't really accomplish anything. Because what one person thinks may differ from another. You shouldn't worry about the negative things someone might think about you because there's someone else who thinks you're equally amazing.

MikeyC

I think that you have a good heart and that you are a good person. You always seem to be caring of others on the forum and I've never seen you speak badly of anyone or be mean to anyone.

We all have our flaws, all of us. We all have bad moments, bad days, and bad habits. Not everyone in the world gets along with everyone else. Not everyone likes everyone else. A person could be a very likeable, friendly, and amazing person and not everyone is going to like them. It's just one of those things.

We all have good qualities about us too. There is always going to be someone who likes you and appreciates your qualities, always going to be someone out there who enjoys your company and personality.

I think asking a question like "Tell me what you REALLY think of me and don't hold back" doesn't really accomplish anything. Because what one person thinks may differ from another. You shouldn't worry about the negative things someone might think about you because there's someone else who thinks you're equally amazing.
Excellent post. Jones, you should follow this. :)

twiggle

I've told you what I think through our chats. I'll just add here that last Summer you were one of several people on here who's positivity, support and determination gave me massive hope and I'll never forget that.
I believe in your ability to get through this :)

Great post.

You can't get to know someone very well over the internet, but I associate you with both helpful and supportive posts. In real life, the people closest to you are the best judges of your character, even though we tend to do the opposite and disbelieve them because of their proximity and close relationship to us. In that sense I think we do them a disservice by assuming they are biased beyond all reason, when really, they do have a good feel for the real you. It might sound stupid, but I always say if your mother thinks you're a good dude, then you probably are.

My mother said similar things to me. Never believed it. Miss her positive comments very much.

MrJones

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I know it's not really a useful thread, but I feel all the time that most people don't like me (paranoia?) and I wanted to hear both good and bad sides of me, so I can try to fix what's wrong with me (and I know that despite the positive messages I still have a lot to work on).

Thanks again to everyone :)