online dating

hoddesdon

Yes, this was my experience as well.

I don't live in a very empathetic society, and people can be seen as means to an end. Maybe it's just part of a larger cultural problem where getting ahead and getting yours is so valued, and since you don't suffer any social consequence unless someone is part of your social circle people can just move on without ever looking back.

Where is that?

Remus

Staff member
A little rule reminder:

"3. Violations The following types of posts are not permitted:

-"Your SA is not as bad as mine", "you don't have SA" posts"

OceanMist

Wait a minute, at first you claim you need all these things like good education, good income, good looks, and the women on there want someone serious they can settle down with and hopefully have kids.

Then you say you've had success without a good education, without a good job, without much social life.

Are you trying to pull one over on us? If not: how did you get any dates?

Dude... I just DON'T understand this anymore!

Too many contradictions!

Can't someone give me a solid, reasonable formula for understanding this stuff, without any extreme views??

It sounds like what you are looking for is a simple formula and I gave you the gist of that formula.

I guess I did bad job in explaining why I had success.

It depends on what you are looking for. I had success with women that weren't very attractive because I am a good guy and it probably didn't help that I am above average looking and can hold a conversation with women that are being receptive to me.

The reason I can't get with an attractive woman from that site is because I don't have the good education, great social life, and good job.

What I am saying is the formula can work on all women but it's not needed if a guy is just trying to get a date with a girl that isn't cute.

Does that make sense? I will explain more if you have questions.

By the way, even if a guy has the "formula" he will fail with at least 90% of the women he messages (meaning he will either not get a response, or she will flake out some time during the messaging conversation or texting). Less than 10% of women will actually be interested in meeting the guy.

There is a lot of failure for every guy no matter how great he is or what he has. Unless he gets very lucky early on and gets a receptive girl on his first message or whatever.

Last edited:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
OceanMist... I am trying hard not to rage at your post.

I have an education. Are you saying that an average looking woman has none of that?? Are you effing kidding me?

-deep breaths-

Uggggghhhhhhh...

I have an education. Are you saying that an average looking woman has none of that?? Are you effing kidding me?

-deep breaths-

Uggggghhhhhhh...

I think he's saying its harder for him to find girls that are interesred in him because of HIS lack of higher education, social status, etc.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I think he's saying its harder for him to find girls that are interesred in him because of HIS lack of higher education, social status, etc.

I hope it was just poor wording. These topics get tiring after a while.

Last edited:

Kiwong

A display sounds like a clown putting on a show for someone. Not genuine. I think women can probably smell that a mile away. It is honest emotion and a bit of passion that can reach out and connect to people that would be worth spending time with.

Trying to get out and really live life is the answer, not spend your days as a display to impress someone else.

A display sounds like a clown putting on a show for someone. Not genuine. I think women can probably smell that a mile away. It is honest emotion and a bit of passion that can reach out and connect to people that would be worth spending time with.
^Well said, Kiwong.:thumbup:
If only some men would trust that there are woman out there who are not attracted to a man who beats his chest, bragging about how much money he makes and how important his job is. Respect, (as in not only being interested in what is under her clothing) and an honest emotional connection can earn a lot more brownie points with some woman then some emotionless, shallow, show off. Just sayin.

hmmmm, but then going by some of the previous posts, maybe these woman are not attractive enough for you, therefore you're only chasing after girls who are "cute" or "hot".:eek:h:

lonely_drummer

Oh boy! Online dating. I've done this many times throughout the past 7 years, after my last relationship (wow I've gone through almost all my 20s without a girlfriend). To tell you the truth I just quit a site maybe 2 weeks ago. Back at the beginning of the year I had a long distance relationship with someone from a dating site. It was weird and I'll never do the long distance thing again. She was kinda crazy, she had so many problems and treated me like shit too. I eventually ended it which was more relieving than painful. Then I moved here and had been talking to 2 girls from the site. I met up with the one and we just walked around and talked, it was nice. Then another girl wanted to meet. So we did and had an amazing first date. She was really into me and after I dropped her off she texted to me that she really wanted to kiss me. So we hung out the next day. Things were going really well. Then at one point I took my hat off and I'm bald and all and a little embarrassed by it. So I dropped her off at home, expecting a kiss and got nothing. I knew something was up right away. The next day I texted her and nothing. Then the next day she sent me a message on the dating site saying that I completely turned her off when she found out I was bald and just went off on me. I was like, whatever, she's shallow anyway. But there was still that other girl, who I've been hanging out with quite a bit. It's nothing romantic and I don't see it becoming romantic in the future, however she's fun to hang out with. We just go for long walks and talk about life, our problems, goals etc. it's actually nice. And I have no expectations which is what's making it easier.

So my experiences with online dating have pretty much been bad, however I did make a pretty cool friend. I find people are generally on those sites for 2 reasons. 1, to get laid and 2, to find your one and only true love. Both are on the extremes. On one end I had some girls just want to have sex while others are basically putting me through a job interview to find out everything about me from the get go. Not many people just go on to meet new people which is what I wanted. Man I talk too much

drganon

Well, I deleted the two dating site accounts I created. Wasn't getting anywhere with either of them. Can't say I'm surprised with the end result. I'm really bad at describing myself and I'm not all that interesting to begin with. I guess if nothing else, my online dating experience has been virtually the same as my real life one, non-existent, so at least it was consistent.

AsTimeBurns

Well, I deleted the two dating site accounts I created. Wasn't getting anywhere with either of them. Can't say I'm surprised with the end result. I'm really bad at describing myself and I'm not all that interesting to begin with. I guess if nothing else, my online dating experience has been virtually the same as my real life one, non-existent, so at least it was consistent.

Basically what I would have written to describe my own experiences with them.

bsammy

just from what ive heard and read, online dating seems like way too much of a hassle...i guess it works for a small % of people though..

OceanMist

-deep breaths-

Uggggghhhhhhh...

What?

I was saying that I, myself, can't get an attractive woman because I, myself, don't have a college degree and/or a good-paying job.

I was just trying to explain that as a male, a 30 year old guy like me must be able to provide for a family or he won't be able to get an attractive woman that is the 20-40 age range.

I wasn't saying anything about women's education.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
What?

I was saying that I, myself, can't get an attractive woman because I, myself, don't have a college degree and/or a good-paying job.

I was just trying to explain that as a male, a 30 year old guy like me must be able to provide for a family or he won't be able to get an attractive woman that is the 20-40 age range.

I wasn't saying anything about women's education.

Some other people don't have college degrees either, mang. The job issue will get better eventually.

GraybeardGhost

Personally, I find a fixation on my bank account, employment situation, or degree status quite unattractive in a woman. If she can't appreciate me for me, is she really worthy of my attention?

Besides, there are so many other reasons to kick me to the curb. Why focus on trivialities?

LazyHermitCrab

I don't think online dating is a good idea because it rarely works :( i mean it can though... I'd try looking for someone volunteering like a gardening place or a farm or... somewhere else you volunteer at :p

Predacon

I would have thought online dating was good for people with SP. You can take your time meeting people.