Online Therapy?

getbornagain

Anybody try online OCD therapy? I'm looking into it, as per my city really having a lack of OCD therapists. I need actual bonafide Exposure-Response Prevention therapy to get over the Pure O.... Every therapist I've seen in my city has done ****all to help me and it's been a huge waste of money/time.

Your input would be appreciated, and links to legit therapy would also be nice.

Make sure they have a good track record first. Look for testimonials. If they are asking for money make sure it comes with an iron clad guarantee

getbornagain

Its tricky, even the online ones can be bogus too. I would even think moreso online, since it isnt that personal and close.

I get some obsessions too but have no idea how to cope wiht it other than meditation and distractions. Is therapy suppose to really help it?

Therapy is the only way to cure it. Meds only help to lift depression and give you a positive outlook on the situation. OCD is a behavior disorder not a mental disorder... What that means is you can be taught to control it. Learning to control your thoughts/reactions will bury it and that's what GOOD therapy will do for you. But apparently good therapy is hard to come by.

erni

Therapy is the only way to cure it. Meds only help to lift depression and give you a positive outlook on the situation. OCD is a behavior disorder not a mental disorder... What that means is you can be taught to control it. Learning to control your thoughts/reactions will bury it and that's what GOOD therapy will do for you. But apparently good therapy is hard to come by.

i agree w/ you.. that is according to our fellow charles linden. he said OCD doesn't exist. It can't exist as a stand-alone condition, w/o Anxiety Disorder, OCD can't exist! Anxiety is driving your compulsion and your thoughts. Remove anxiety and everything will just fade away.

I hate this term 'Disorder'. Disorder are illnesses and this isn't illness. you're not mentally or physically ill, you have a behavioural condition