Opinions Please??? 2Crowded needs input

hippiechild

Ooh gawd, that sounds pretty awful. All that from a hangnail? Eugh...

you're lucky that you didn't blush, I'll bet they'd think that they'd feel compelled to comment on how cute that was too :D

anyway, it's good that you're on the road to full recovery now!

2Crowded

Yes on road to recovery...its still major sore though....i recomend applying bactine if you plan on pulling a hangnail off everyone...crazyest thing ever that is.

2Crowded

Acute paronychia — An acute paronychia usually occurs as a sudden, very painful area of swelling, warmth and redness around a fingernail or toenail, usually following an injury to the area. An acute paronychia typically is caused by an infection with a mixture of bacteria that invade the skin where it has been damaged. This damage is often the result of overaggressive manicuring (especially cutting or tearing the cuticle), biting the edges of the nails or the skin around the nails, picking at the skin near the nails or sucking on the fingers.

An acute paronychia causes throbbing pain, redness, warmth and swelling in the skin around a nail. In some cases, a small collection of pus forms under the skin next to the nail, or underneath the nail itself. Often, only one nail is affected.

Rodox

Reading this thread I am glad I am safe here in Japan lol :D ,I think the biggest spider here is the huntsman,looks a bit scary,but it is harmless compared to others,I think...

2Crowded

Latest report on my finger:

Come to find out my finger was infected with MRSA....i have been perscribed another antibiotic to get rid of the mrsa as the other antibiotic i was taking for the paronychia wont be effective in getting rid of that...i guess according to my doc....i am more suceptable to mrsa infections now because i had it previously a couple years ago on my legs real bad when I had open sores there as a result of my leg ademia when i was overweight.

Latest report on my finger:

Come to find out my finger was infected with MRSA....i have been perscribed another antibiotic to get rid of the mrsa as the other antibiotic i was taking for the paronychia wont be effective in getting rid of that...i guess according to my doc....i am more suceptable to mrsa infections now because i had it previously a couple years ago on my legs real bad when I had open sores there as a result of my leg ademia when i was overweight.

Wow, you don't want to mess around with MRSA. I had an infection in my thumb a few years back that ended up being MRSA- it got pretty bad because they gave me an antibiotic before they knew what it was, and of course it didn't work. Ended up having outpatient surgery to remove the infection. I could have lost my thumb. And it does seem to linger- had a few boils in the months after the surgery and needed antibiotics. Hopefully you've caught yours this time before it got too bad.