Ordering meds in Canada

Angel_Of_Death

I ordered Propranolol (Inderal) online to control the physical symptoms of my anxiety.

It was sent trough International Inbound Courier...

My delivery estimate date given on the site I ordered was for Feb 14th.

When I check on canadapost.com with the tracking number, it says for

Feb 13th : International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs

And that's the last event posted nothing after that.

Now normally Inderal is a medication that requires a prescription in Canada, but I ordered without prescription, could the customs confiscate my order because of that ?

Should I expect the item to be delivered eventually...? Anyone has similar experience ?

Ehsan

In my country any type of meds(except for OTCs) normally needs prescription, but usually pharmacies aren't so strict about non-controlled meds(such as SSRIs) so it's not so hard to buy them without prescription. It's first time i've found useful to ignore law.:D
excuse me, this wasn't your answer.

SilentType

Banned
I don't know anything about laws in Canada, but if this happens in the U.S., customs just sends you a warning letter unless you're importing a controlled substance. Propanolol isn't controlled, so I doubt you'll have any problems.

Peace

Angel_Of_Death

They seized it. Bastards! The online company refunded me for the meds and the shipping fee as well. But still very frustrating. I'm gonna check with a doctor and hope I can get a prescription.

UltraShy

I'm gonna check with a doctor and hope I can get a prescription.

Shouldn't be hard to get given that it's just a blood pressure med sometimes used to treat the physical symptoms of anxiety. It's not like it's going to get you high -- and that's all they care about.

I'm almost certain you can get this particular drug for $4 at Walmart even.