Oxybutynin Works But Too Sensitive to Light (Ouch)

Jita2k

It's so bad in fact that my squinting muscles are in pain whenever I am in bright light, either indoor or out. It doesn't even take much to cause the pain, even cloudy days can be painful.

Sometimes I just can't stand it and they tear and I am forced to close them. I know that this drug makes my iris paralyzed as a side effect, but the palmar hyperhidrosis is too severe to not take it.

Driving at night in my car is like a death sentence, especially with the insanely bright car lights that vehicles are being equipped with these days. They're bad enough when I'm not on this drug, but when on it it's like staring into the sun.

I'd like to get some transitions glasses so that I can be comfortable, but I don't have insurance, which is why I buy the Oxybutynin online.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

Jezza

Yes and no...

I've had dry eyes for a long time now. I'm not on medication (apart from having had some botox shots), so I have HH and at the same time dry eyes and a dry mouth. It really makes no sense at all, but that's what it is.

Anyway...

I have transitions glasses...and it doesn't help (enough). The glasses tint in reaction to UV light, but if you are in a modern day car with tinted windows, they won't react, so the problem remains. Obviously the same goes for the nighttime. At the same time, if you're outside when it is overcast or even dark clouds and raining, the glasses will still react and you look like a drug addict who has to cover his eyes. The latter obviously being a minor inconvenience, but still I don't like the glasses, next time I'll take regular ones again.

Only thing I could tell you is that I know of more people that have found the side effects of oxybutynin too harsh...Maybe glycopyrrolate is better.

teandtoast

Pinker said:
This happens with probanthine as well. It dries my eyes out most of the time i've taken it. Maybe eye drops can help somewhat.

Have you tried robinul? The side effects might not happen with that.

Im taking probanthine at the mo for underarm HH and to be honest it is the only thing that is working for me. yes you get dry mouth etc but I am quite happy to deal with that to be able to stay slightly more dry then I would without it (well alot more dry without it).

I tried robinul in past and side effects same if not worse

to be honest I think side effects are all similar with most these oral meds ...at end of day is price you pay for some slight relief which in my opinion is worth it

Jita2k

So will I be going blind or is my perception of diminishing sight quality temporary? Ever since I started with dry eyes it seems like my vision is getting worse. I spend a LOT of time on the computer, maybe it's unrelated, but does dry eye increase the rate of failing vision?

Jezza

No idea really...I don't think there's a direct influence.

Concerning my sight; my eyes gradually (quite fast actually) got worse in the period I started growing a lot and then stable-ized (it's now -3/-3, but I don't know if those measures are the same in the US, anyway I'm myopic).

But that's consistent with what you would expect more or less in fast growth, so nothing special there I guess.

However, apart from that I sometimes feel like now my sight is slightly hazy sometimes, especially when I move around or go from light surroundings to dark and vice versa (ie, enter or exit a building). Sometimes when I enter a building and the light intensity differs a lot from outside I get some kind of black/white/greenish sensation. Kind of similar to night vision only less green...It lasts for maybe 10 seconds and than slowly changes back to what I'd call normal. All kind of weird I know, but hey, I'm just saying it as it is because you never know...

Yet again, I have generalized HH. I'm not using meds yet because of several reasons, but I understand these eye problems you got started after taking medications not before...?

teandtoast

Pinker said:
teandtoast said:
Pinker said:
This happens with probanthine as well. It dries my eyes out most of the time i've taken it. Maybe eye drops can help somewhat.

Have you tried robinul? The side effects might not happen with that.

Im taking probanthine at the mo for underarm HH and to be honest it is the only thing that is working for me. yes you get dry mouth etc but I am quite happy to deal with that to be able to stay slightly more dry then I would without it (well alot more dry without it).

I tried robinul in past and side effects same if not worse

to be honest I think side effects are all similar with most these oral meds ...at end of day is price you pay for some slight relief which in my opinion is worth it

Yeah, I guess it can vary from person to person as well. Like the dry mouth, I had 0% saliva, absolutely zero so my whole throat and mouth was really dry.

Have you got your NHS appointment about the curretage/liposuction?

well I went for an appt actually at the dermo n she didn't know much about it ...shes sending a letter to some surgeon n she said that take 6-8weeks to get reply :roll: and she was going on about ETS and this one guy who had bad compensatory sweating and I was like yeh but it isn't ETS Im enquiring about...I bet no doubt if he does come back the surgeon will just be like bad idea blah blah
Im gona start looking into private options I think...I gave spire a call (who used to be bupa) and they were meant to be getting back to me with info/prices etc but still havent ...need to get back onto em like...will keep ya updated if I get anywhere : )

Gringo

I have just started taking these today, how long did it take before you started noticing a differnce?