People being judgemental

4myself

I hate being judged negatively to. At the moment I have basically slipped into an "I don't care" mode, I'm not even really trying with people anymore. We can't make people like us so I figure that so what I'll just be me and if they don't like it too bad because there is nothing I can do about it. I have a friend who is the most brilliant, beautiful, amazing, wonderful person in the world and even she has people that don't like her so I figure if people don't like her then nobody can be liked by everyone, so just be brave and be myself.

Lost_Nomad

me too i hate being judged, and also i am doing the " i dont care anymore" thing. I remember having to do pesentaions in school although i was super sick when i had to do them , i still went up there and read or said what i needed to say, but at the end of it i get a low mark or at least never as good as those talkative people even though i put all the information out there. why are we being judged on how we look when we present some thing anyway, isnt it supposed to be about the work. people also start to presume something about you with out knowing you, i hate that.

redlady

You are right - if people are going to hate you there is nothing you can do about it. So F*@K them basically - do you mind if i paraphrase - you know what that 'hate' most likely comes from jealousy - If you have done nothing to warrant it - you know if you are not a total asshole - then that is exactly where it comes from. Now we just have to convince our minds of this instead of blaming ourselves for their own petty attitudes.

black_mamba

4myself said:
I have a friend who is the most brilliant, beautiful, amazing, wonderful person in the world and even she has people that don't like her so I figure if people don't like her then nobody can be liked by everyone, so just be brave and be myself.

Bingo!! :D

I used to worry so much about what people thought of me that I hid parts of my personality away incase of insult.

Then I fell into a teenage phase of thinkng 'fuck 'em!!' and being so outrageous with outward appearance and language. It was a refreshing extreme, but it went too far and eventually I realised I had become 'different' for the sake of annoying judgemental people.

Now I've reached a nice medium whereby I don't let my 'don't care what people think' attitude doesn't act as an excuse for being obnoxious, but I feel perfectly happy being myself (even if that means being a bit boring). :D

4myself

I think I have slipped out of my 'I don't care' mode, can someone give me something slippery so I can slide right back into it?

FaymeLevy

I have some oil here...LOL

Im with ya on that though, I care, but I pretend I dont. Everyone thinks im a snob cuz I ignore people alot. LOL

4myself

Yep, that will be just fine.

O.K, stand back I am going to take a run up and.... slliiides right back into not caring. Thanks FaymeLevy!

4myself

:) Are you picturing a chubby little 5 foot nothing girl skidding crazily out of control? 8O That is pretty funny, I just hope it hit something soon and stop sliding.