Physical Contact

petrified eyes

Don't touch me. That means no hugs, kisses, handshakes, high fives, fist bumps, pokes, prods, slaps, jabs, pats on the back, tapping my shoulder or any other kind of physical contact from anyone at anytime. Whatever your intent be it friendly, in jest or with malice: DO NOT TOUCH ME. You have been warned.

EscapeArtist

Don't touch me. That means no hugs, kisses, handshakes, high fives, fist bumps, pokes, prods, slaps, jabs, pats on the back, tapping my shoulder or any other kind of physical contact from anyone at anytime. Whatever your intent be it friendly, in jest or with malice: DO NOT TOUCH ME. You have been warned.

*pokes* ::p:

Waybuloo

:eek:Have you always been like this? Anything to bring this aversion on?

petrified eyes

:eek:Have you always been like this? Anything to bring this aversion on?

I never liked to be touched, but there were a few incidences that intensified my aversion. I was bullied frequently in school, my father hit me occasionally and a few years ago 4 people tried to mug me.

(I did bloody the muggers up pretty good though, maybe even cracked a few ribs! :D Protip: Don't try to mug someone older and stronger than you that took 7 years of martial arts training! :cool: )

Waybuloo

I never liked to be touched, but there were a few incidences that intensified my aversion. I was bullied frequently in school, my father hit me occasionally and a few years ago 4 people tried to mug me.

(I did bloody the muggers up pretty good though, maybe even cracked a few ribs! :D Protip: Don't try to mug someone older and stronger than you that took 7 years of martial arts training! :cool: )

Oh I see, I know someone who doesn't like to be touched but he was like that pretty much the day he was born. I'd love to beef up my muscles, I know that brains beat brawns but I'd like to think that physical power goes towards making one feel safer socially.

Felgen

I can hug friends I trust, go intimate with girlfriends and so on, but in general, I don't like to be touched.

I'm double sided when it comes to touch. I love things like hugs, but only from people I really like, respect and trust. Otherwise I feel really uncomfortable with touch.

petrified eyes

Oh I see, I know someone who doesn't like to be touched but he was like that pretty much the day he was born. I'd love to beef up my muscles, I know that brains beat brawns but I'd like to think that physical power goes towards making one feel safer socially.

I'm very fortunate to have both brains and brawn. ::eek::

But you don't really need brawn to defend yourself. Aikido for instance, is a martial art that doesn't require much strength.

Aussie_Lad

I have been Reiki Level 1 attuned, so naturally I love to touch and be touched. A lot of people have sensitive areas on their body, but particularly females with the breasts covering a large area on the front of the body. Also a lot of people get frightened when they have their throats touched.

When I was touched I felt good. When was touched I felt afraid. When I felt good I wanted more. When I felt bad I wanted less. Now I realize just how I react to touch I can screw around with my reaction and want more when I'm afraid and feel like I am weak and vulnerable and when I feel good I want less. YES. YES! YEAHSSS! VULNERBILITY! FEAR! WEAKNESS! Bring it on. Oh man I need to get laid!

SilverFire

I'm also a touch-me-not. I don't like getting close physically to other people. Heck even in church I want to have one empty chair on either side of me.

IamThisOne

I hate it when people touch me. I can't stand it when my hand touches someone's when I'm handing them change at work. I have to wipe my hands off on my clothes to get the "contamination" off.

I'm fine if I can make a conscious decision to touch someone. For instance, shaking hands or hugging someone. Now, I do not like hugging guys. It's not a homophobic thing, it's just doesn't feel right. I sometimes joke like instead of hugging why don't guys just punch each other in the shoulder or something. Yeah, that's stupid.

I don't like shaking hands with people, but I do it because I have to. If someone touches me when I don't know it or brushes up against me, I tense up and get really nervous.

CPA23

I generally don't like being touched. I don't mind handshakes at all or hugs from people I know. Other contact like touching someone's shoulder, hand, etc I definitely don't like doing. I remember when I worked at this fast food place and me and this guy were making sandwiches. We were both reaching for the lettuce at the same time and our hands touched. He gave me this funny look. I looked back at him and was like dude, did you think I meant to do that. It was an accident. It was just as much his fault as it was mine. That incident made me even more averse to physical contact!