Places you can have fun at AND feel safe.

lostwitness

The only place I can seem to have alot of fun at and still feel 'comfortable' is the movie theatre, I just watch the movie, noone is bothering me and it's enjoyable - basicaly anywhere where noone notices me, or talks to me.

How about everyone else?

Jenjen

I have a local pub where i know everyone and its usually very quiet but if it gets too busy then the panics start. Home is the saftest place and i love going to my parents house in the summer for BBQ's.

Jennie. XX

Crimefish

The only place I have fun at is my house, and the only place I feel safe is my room. So, my room.

maggie

in my home, in my car, depending on my mood, (at night 8) movie theatre not bad, but have to go in with someone, can't wait in the lineup by myself, too weird 8O; in my bed :roll:

Horatio

Cemeteries.

Ever since I was young I've been fascinated with them, as a young child growing up in the country I used to go to a small church with huge grounds. While all the other youngsters would play cricket afterwards or hover around the refreshment table I was always drawn to the headstones round the back, reading the names and the dates, remembering people who are no longer remembered

As a teenager in a small city when others were out partying or with friends, I used to visit this cute little cemetery in the middle of the city. It had a secret entrance that looked like a private footpath to a house but it wound its way around the house, between fences, round and around until it curved its way into an empty hillside, the old settlers graveyard. I used to go there on my lunch break or even for hours on end and lie down in the long unkept grass reading or writing and NEVER saw anyone else there ever. I always felt at home there, in an empty field with all the early settlers who all seemed forgotten, only a few graves still had headstones left and noone grieved for them, but I felt more accepted there than anywhere else. I always felt like I related to the people in the ground much better than the people on the streets. I know that sounds silly, but I spent a lot of time reading the settlers old handwritten diaries in the museum, would get on my pushbike and see where they lived, where they worked, where they married and finally where they were buried. I mourned for them, I cried that I missed out, that they are gone.

And still today, although I move between bigger cities I still find the most comfortable places are old graveyards. Not the recent ones but the old forgotten ones filled with the people that I've read and thought so much about that I feel I know, and I always get the feeling that they appretiate having a visitor, one person who hasn't forgetten them and places the occasional wildflower against their fading names.

That is certainly where I am the most comfortable and feel the most at home, sometimes I wish I could stay forever and I guess one day sooner or later I will be there to stay

Horatio

Hamble

The cinema (with someone), but not the theatre, for some reason I feel v exposed there :? or driving at night. When I lived in the southwest (UK) the beaches on the north coast of cornwall, but out of season.

pitkreet

I love going to football matches...i love footy anyway, but added to that, it's the one place i can think of that i feel really comfortable whilst by myself but in a crowd.

Nobody notices you at all, they're all far too busy watching the match, shouting and singing, so i can just relax, enjoy the game and enjoy being surrounded by people with a similar passion for the sport without feeling that i'm being judged.

I like going to other sporting events too, but football is best because the big crowds mean you just disappear and don't get noticed.

I also really like going out for walks in the countryside, up mountains or by the sea. I take my camera with me for company and it gives me something to do, thinking about composing shots, etc.

I don't like graveyards....they give me the heebie jeebies and even if I;m alone, I'd always be worried that some grieving people might turn up and disturb my isolation, so I'd never be able to fully relax.

Scottish_Player

like someone has said before,i feel very safe in my car,its my own little space and no one can get near me :D

When i was a kid i used to look myself in the wardrobe and i would feel safe in a small place.Rather strange but it explains alot now :(

dan246

I'm the same, I like being in my car. I don't mind driving in cities but I prefer long, empty, country roads.

Chilling__Echo

mmm i love driving through lit up cities at night! real late when there's not a whole lot of people (but some so i don't feel like i'm gonna be raped and killed and never seen again)

and i like nearly empty theaters. and my room. my bed.

despise

i feel most safe in my room between 9pm and 2am. im not sure why.
i'd like to visit a graveyard, but im very superstitious and i'd get scared being there for too long.

My car is pretty much the only place left, and my parent's house. I feel safe here at my apartment, but it's starting to swallow me up. It's frustrating, the place that makes me feel lonley is one of the only places I feel calm. I'd rather dream about where I'd go if I weren't afraid.

yodarita

i like being out at night in the dark or in a room with little or no light, if im in an uncomfortable situation the darkness makes me some how feel safe, i also feel its harder for people to see my face and judge me or notice if i blush.

redwine

I can feel safe almost everywhere. I dont mind being in a busy pub as long as nobody knows me. the problem is when I have to greet someone I know, I really hate that! I pretend Im very busy wrtting a message in my movil, or reading or ...whatever!! But if I dont know anyone it´s quite ok. I can enjoy being alone in a pub.
It´s weird , I know.

emmie

Hamble said:
The cinema (with someone), but not the theatre, for some reason I feel v exposed there :? or driving at night. When I lived in the southwest (UK) the beaches on the north coast of cornwall, but out of season.

i like driving at nite 2. I can go most places as long as i dnt no any1, I cnt bear 2 be near people dressed as clowns or anythin like that . if im shoppin and c a person dressed up i will panik!!!