Plan paid for Avert--thanks to one of you

margiehope

I've been taking Avert for some years, but didn't think to submit anything to my health plan. I do get a prescription from my doctor, but that was so I could claim the meds on my income tax.

Recently someone on this forum mentioned that their plan covered the med. I contacted my plan--they needed a DIN. Only problem--there's a DIN for Robinul, but the drug's been delisted from the provincial formulary. (Nothing wrong with the med, just the government cheaping out--HH isn't as serious as some things.)

Well, thought it was worth a try. My Avert provider wrote a letter giving the old DIN and explaining their compounding methods--plus of course I had a receipt showing the doctor's prescription.

Anyway, it worked--sort of. The plan paid for two-thirds of the cost;they usually do 80% but that's good compared to nothing.

This is rambling, and maybe boring to most of you--I'm writing because I'm money ahead due to someone here mentioning their plan covered the med.

This forum is useful in all sorts of ways, but a few extra bucks is definitely an added bonus.