POLL: How far did your education take you?

How Far Did You Get In Your Education?

• Dropped Out Of High School

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only Completed High School

• Dropped Out Of College

• Still in College

• Completed Bachelors Degree

• Completed Higher Degree

• Total voters

-Jp

Michelob512 said:
worrydoll said:
i got expelled from school at 15. i wanted to get the heck outta there so it was cool.

How does a social phobe get expelled!?

lol i have been expelled many times too, it's not that hard though. just stay away from school and they let you stay away a little bit longer lmao

but erhm i dropped out, i did real good though the 3 months i lived witout sa but i just couldn't find the motivation living with sa, no future, what to work for? and very low on energy. when i didn't have sa i also learned a lot from just listening to the teachers, with sa that's very hard.

Crimefish

Well, I stayed home too much 'cause of Crohn's disease and SA, and so my school asked me to leave. But I was still the age where you legally need to go to school, so I was home schooled. And still am, except my SA is slowly getting worse, and I can't see my tutors without getting panic attacks. I also can't work or learn or listen or think while having a panic attack. I also can't do those things (very well) while counting my breathing or something. So basically, I can't learn anything with teachers around.
I don't know if I'm gonna get my GCSEs, but I probably will, and then claim benefit for the rest of my life. So, in conclusion, I'm wasting my time, energy and sanity.

Fredscars

im still in high school, doing my gcses next year. im actually pretty good at school, i have a friedns and i can cope with teachers. i go to a grammar school, so the kids dont mess around as much..i actually really like school :oops: yes im wierd. but hey

-Jp

that's not weird, i liked school too in that period where sa didn't bother me as much, good you have something you njoy

Michelob512

Crimefish said:
So, in conclusion, I'm wasting my time, energy and sanity.

That's being pretty harsh on yourself. Have you tried therapy? Either way, there are probably ways to work around your SA. So you have panic attacks around just one other person? How about your family? if your tutor knew about your SA and was someone you could trust, would that make things any different?

JWH

Finished highschool without flying colours. Went on to uni, and I'm just about finished, well two weeks and I'm there.

Crimefish

Michelob512 said:
Crimefish said:
So, in conclusion, I'm wasting my time, energy and sanity.

That's being pretty harsh on yourself. Have you tried therapy? Either way, there are probably ways to work around your SA. So you have panic attacks around just one other person? How about your family? if your tutor knew about your SA and was someone you could trust, would that make things any different?

I'm having therapy right now. I have panic attacks around everyone except my immediate family. I do work with my mum at the moment 'cause I know I won't get any work done if I try to do it with my tutors. I just can't trust them. For no rational reason. And It's fine right now, working without them, but I need a tutor to watch me while I take my tests. Which is like a spider watching an arachnophobe. Very productive I'm sure.

Sempfy

I completed a Bachelor of Science degree in early 2003, but haven't had a job since then. I've never had a proper job in my whole life actually. I think that is a small part of why I'm so shy and stuff, the earlier in life you get out there and get some self confidence, the better off you'll be.

cody2468

I just completed high school then got a job working in a supermarket. Barely made it through school as I had no idea what I wanted to do and the bullys were really getting to me so I gave up trying after awhile.

dazz

I quit school at 15 after my exams, left with pretty good grades. Couldnt get a job anywhere, sat alone in my house for over a year and a half.

Finally got into college just before i turned 17. At the minute im off because of the holidays, go back in a week or so, then finish the course 1st february.

Then the next level of the course im doing isnt until September, so i'll be doing nothing for 7 months unless i pick up the courage to go get myself a job, which is very unlikely. :cry:

Anonymous

For me working has been horrible. Even since finishing GCSE and getting a job, it has all been downhill. I think the lack of social interaction is to blame.

I was taking college courses while in junior high, because I was bored. At 16 I droppped out and had my GED within weeks. I received my Associates in Science in Computer Programming at 18.

But working has been difficult. My first boss suggested I join Toastmasters, that was more than 20 years ago. I should have listened to him. I thought it would be ok to be shy. But later I was placed in cubicles, which I can't stand. When I have a private office to work in, I have stayed at those jobs for years. But cubicle jobs only last weeks for me.