Possible home made setup

Lasthope1980

Hi people,
Using all the usual home made parts for Iontophoresis, is it possible I know this may sound weird but might work to use a hornby 12 volt controller with turn dial to regulate the volts by starting low to high to avoid the initial shock?
It plugs into the mains and has (sec: 16 volt 800 Ma input on the plug and 12 volt output) on the dial controll.

Lasthope1980

Re: Possible home made iontophoresis setup

Ok il try to explain setup a bit better :D
2 x croc clips
2 aluminium trays
12 volt power source 800Ma on plug
12 volt hornby train set controller that has 2 pins to connect the crocs clips to.
So possible I can turn up the power from 0 to 12 volt without getting an initial shock?
Not sure if this could work?
Any help be appreciated.

Last edited:

Sprawling

If it's pure dc current, I don't see why not. The problem with anything that's plugged in is the risk of power spikes. I've also read on one of the forums of how you can also use the power supply that plugs into your laptop. They do make after market laptop power supplies that are fairly cheap that offer a switch for varies voltage settings. Ionto needs not cost an arm and a leg.

Hoppy

12Volt DC is the same as a motor car battery and should be very safe.

The normal rule with electricity: "If you have to ask you don't know enough, so don't do it."

Sprawling

And car battery's are easy to recharge using a slow trickel recharger. Has anyone used a car battery? I have not come across or remember reading about anyone who has???