Post your favourite music

mikebird

Banned
♫ Pink Floyd - High Hopes [Lyrics] - YouTube

I liked it because it was launched in 1994; the time we finished school and started university. I like the title. It inspired me. The album theme was communication. Divorce was rife throughout the 1980s and 1990s for all my friends' parents, and my brother.

Arguments are the theme of my life, but... it's rejection from family, friends, girlfriends, any recruiter, and every boss. However, we never argued. Seriously! It's never an argument! Always without discussion, the person walks away and turns their back (mute?) :greeting: :thinking: No explanation. I wish there had been more arguments. It took me years to get to the root of my social anxiety.

I hope you like the tune :crying:

I haven't listened to this song, but I'm still floored that Sia is working with all these rappers and pop stars. On one hand, I'm really happy that people are starting to realize her awesomeness. On the other hand, I'll be sad if she becomes more known amongst the public. I feel like she is my own little buried treasure and I don't want to share. Ya know? :question: Do I really have to bring out this song again?? 'Cause I will!

Breathe me -- sia - YouTube

dottie

i love fiona. her candidness of her vulnerabilities has always been what makes me relate... but her newer rhythms make her recent songs unlistenable. the beats are anxiety-inducing. these aren't songs that can be played in the background. they force you to listen... which is ok, but even then the rhythm makes them a little... unpleasant. i know they are probably supposed to represent her neurosis on some level. fine, whatever. but wasn't she neurotic during tidal? that had a lot of nice rolling sounds. i guess i like music to be both honest (neurotic, in this case) and enjoyable at the same time.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
i love fiona. her candidness of her vulnerabilities has always been what makes me relate... but her newer rhythms make her recent songs unlistenable. the beats are anxiety-inducing. these aren't songs that can be played in the background. they force you to listen... which is ok, but even then the rhythm makes them a little... unpleasant. i know they are probably supposed to represent her neurosis on some level. fine, whatever. but wasn't she neurotic during tidal? that had a lot of nice rolling sounds. i guess i like music to be both honest (neurotic, in this case) and enjoyable at the same time.

I agree, I could tell as soon as I heard her new album it was a very different sound from her previous albums, I couldn't put my finger on what was so different (outside the style) and it is the in-your-face quality it has. Her other albums all set moods with every song and it feels like you don't need to hear a single word to know what she's saying but the newer one the music doesn't set a mood as well. She's getting older, and someone else produced this album though that may have something to do with it. :idontknow: