Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Nanita

^ Thanks guys. I actually did have fun, even though an hour before I was supposed to leave a little anxiety started to hit. When I got there I felt so uncomfortable, but managed to feel pretty good after a while.

The party itself wasn't too bad. There wasn't as many people there as I thought there'd be. I actually socialized really well, wasn't as quiet and standoffish as I normally am. :) Which reminds me of something that happened...

So my friend and I had left the party briefly to grab her iPod at her parent's house and she had to replace the registration sticker on her car. We came back an hour later, went into the garage where my other friend and my brother were sitting with a friend of theirs and his girlfriend. Their friend then says to me, "Hey did you make this pasta salad? It's really good!" (Which I did, just to bring a dish to pass because I thought it'd be nice.) Then his girlfriend automatically pipes up to him and points at me, "Who's that?!" (This girl must've been 16, maybe a little older...? The guy is 18.) and then asks my brother again who I was. I just sorta sat there, confused and stunned that she's pointing at me but not asking me who I am. I found it rude and I guess my friend must've too because she's just like, "Uh, I don't know. How about you ask her." :giggle: So my brother introduced me, "This is my sister, xxxxxx." And she's looking at me so confused, "...You're his sister...?" Since she was rude and I found her confusion pretty amusing, I decided to run with it. "Yeah, I know we don't look alike. I'm actually adopted." "You are??" "No I'm totally messing with you." :giggle: I don't think she found it too amusing.

I´m glad that the party wasn´t too horrible.
That young girl was rude, but you handled it well with the way you responded!

Nanita

Random thought: is today the day when I will finish my masterpiece or will I be too lazy and procrastinate?
Random feeling: it hurts having a period aaarrghhh

Srijita52

^ Thanks guys. I actually did have fun, even though an hour before I was supposed to leave a little anxiety started to hit. When I got there I felt so uncomfortable, but managed to feel pretty good after a while.

The party itself wasn't too bad. There wasn't as many people there as I thought there'd be. I actually socialized really well, wasn't as quiet and standoffish as I normally am. :) Which reminds me of something that happened...

So my friend and I had left the party briefly to grab her iPod at her parent's house and she had to replace the registration sticker on her car. We came back an hour later, went into the garage where my other friend and my brother were sitting with a friend of theirs and his girlfriend. Their friend then says to me, "Hey did you make this pasta salad? It's really good!" (Which I did, just to bring a dish to pass because I thought it'd be nice.) Then his girlfriend automatically pipes up to him and points at me, "Who's that?!" (This girl must've been 16, maybe a little older...? The guy is 18.) and then asks my brother again who I was. I just sorta sat there, confused and stunned that she's pointing at me but not asking me who I am. I found it rude and I guess my friend must've too because she's just like, "Uh, I don't know. How about you ask her." :giggle: So my brother introduced me, "This is my sister, xxxxxx." And she's looking at me so confused, "...You're his sister...?" Since she was rude and I found her confusion pretty amusing, I decided to run with it. "Yeah, I know we don't look alike. I'm actually adopted." "You are??" "No I'm totally messing with you." :giggle: I don't think she found it too amusing.

I'm glad you had fun and indeed you did handle the situation really well. :)

IGotSeoul

First day of "back to school" madness at work. My arms feel like they're going to fall off and my muscles are burning and my legs are aching and I've all kinds of cuts and bruises and I absolutely love it.

jaim38

Speaking of phone calls, I just called a classmate from online class (because he asked me to). It was scary at first. I took around 15-17 minutes to prepare, doing self-talk and making sure I'm comfortable before I call. At the end it wasn't so bad after all. It was all the hype and the anxiety at the beginning that crippled me so to speak. Facing fear head on brought about paralysis but eventually i knew i had to get moving. Here's one insight I gleamed: during the whole convo I was busy worrying about me that I didn't pay much attention to the other person! Of course I listened but I was so focus on me, me, me that I almost forgot the other person must have also felt as anxious as me?

At the end of the call I thought I heard someone call me useless, but who am I useless to? I have no one to impress and don't want a boyfriend.

selon

I get really annoyed with myself lately for not seeing all the good things that happen to me. I used to be very anxious and depressed in the past but I have always been able to see the sunshine through the rain. Lately, I only concentrate on the negative. Maybe because things have been going even worse than usual but it's still a scary development.

Phoenixx

I´m glad that the party wasn´t too horrible.
That young girl was rude, but you handled it well with the way you responded!

I'm glad you had fun and indeed you did handle the situation really well. :)
^ Thanks, I actually enjoyed how I handled it. I was surprised that I even said such things. Normally if someone's rude, I just keep my mouth shut because I hate confrontation.

neardeath

How can I want to be around people if I'm irritated by any invitation? I was invited to a bonfire and it starts in a little while. I always feel like I'm going for them. not for me.

mmok

How can I want to be around people if I'm irritated by any invitation? I was invited to a bonfire and it starts in a little while. I always feel like I'm going for them. not for me.

You need to stop caring about how you feel about it and just do it. Im suffering from the same problem so yes I know this is aloooooot easier say than do but its the only way you are only going to change your feelings towards attending to a social event.

If you go there and it sucks, atleast you went there and stood up against your fear.

MikeyC

Wow, what do you do in that situation? It was rude of her to ask someone else who you are while you're standing there. It also highlights a bigger issue: her lack of trust for her boyfriend when all he did was compliment your food. That will lead to problems later. Overall I'm glad you had a good time. :)

Phoenixx

Wow, what do you do in that situation? It was rude of her to ask someone else who you are while you're standing there. It also highlights a bigger issue: her lack of trust for her boyfriend when all he did was compliment your food. That will lead to problems later. Overall I'm glad you had a good time. :)
^ Heh, besides just joke around with her about me being adopted? That's pretty much how I just handled it. I'm glad I had a good time too. :)