Prick at work

Horatio

There was a work social event last night, just informal drinks with a whole heap of visitors.

At first I just kept working as usual but then thought I'd push myself and make an effort to go along and try to mix with the guests. Was difficult but I managed and was having a conversation with a few of them.

In comes this prick from my work who deliberately put me on the spot and called me his slave and his "bitch" and told me to put my drink down and get on with his work at that very instant.

He proceeded to intterupt another two coversations I managed to develop at later stages of the evening to say exactly the same thing in front of other guests with great gusto and theatrics

HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO GET OVER THIS SP WHEN PRICKS LIKE HIM SABOTAGE ME WHENEVER I MAKE AN EFFORT????

The truth of the matter is that I knew he is behind with his work so I OFFERED to work all of this weekend in an area that I knew would save him 2 days work next week. Ive already requested politely that he not run me down in front of others after he has done the same thing at other work socials and that obviously hasnt worked.

if it wasnt for the fact it would be letting down a lot of others then I'd say fuck his work this weekend Im staying in bed and he can do it himself

I think Im fucked no matter what I try. People can sense when you have SP or any weakness and they ALWAYS jump on it and use it to their advantage

Ive had enough of being laughed at and thanks to that fucker those suicidal thoughts I struggled with for so long have come back

J

Next time he tries that with anyone else in earshot, just reply, in a bored fashion, "Wow, you're quite a prick! Try growing up sometime." Then turn around and walk away, with one last word after you've turned-- "Loser."

If you have a reputation as a quiet loner (like most SAers ;) ), and you do this, I promise people's jaws will hit the floor. He just might not bother you again, either. People gain respect for you when you stick up for yourself-- as long as it is NOT of the "You got a f***in' problem??" variety.

No mercy for a-holes. :D

Chilling__Echo

hey horatio, that's horrible, i would have died... kudos to you for making an effort though, don't let him take that away from you! as grumblina said, he made himself look like an ass. anyone would have their ego crushed if that happened to them... keep your head up and don't let that dick or your SP keep you down, hang in there

Danuk

Well first throw your beer over him then kick fuck out of him. and say
"now whos the bitch".

Remus

Staff member
I'd go for the

"Kick me up the arse"

tag stickied on his back

or "hello I'm a wanker"

I'd go for threatening not to do his work, and then if he begged, do it, and then take all the credit for it, and tell everyone that he's like a naughty little kid who didn't do his homework and YOU had to cover for him :p

Naomi

Scottish_Player

First thing i think you need to do next time is have a relpy ready for him, ive been throught it in mylife where people have been saying stuff to me or comments because they know i normaly just ignore them but when you reply with something they get stcuk for what to say next as they are no expecting it from you. As long as you take it then they will keep giving it, iam a huge Bob Marley fan and when iam feeling like you do just now and i know iam going into a situation at work in the morning well on my way in i will play the song GET UP STAND UP by Bob Marley it realy gets me going in side to stand up for myself and what i belive in heres a little bit from it-

Get Up, Stand Up, stand up for your right
Get Up, Stand Up, don't give up the fight
Get Up, Stand Up. Life is your right
So we can't give up the fight
Stand up for your right, Lord, Lord
Get Up, Stand Up. Keep on struggling on
Don't give up the fight

annie

Hi Horatio,

I agree with what most people have said so far.
This guy certainly seems to have problems of his own and obviously knows you are a sensitive guy and he picked on you which was terrible, and if he did that to me I would have said out loud, "so who is the cow hanging all over you"...what a hoot that would be. Oh yeah I can be a total bitch and if anyone treated me in that way would get it back SO bad.

Forget about helping him out, why should you? He is being a total jerk with you and you are supposed to help him out of a jam, don't Horatio.

People like him are ignorant pricks. I know that it must have felt bad for you, but DO NOT let him ruin things for you.

annie :)

Bexi

i too somtimes feel ppl pick up on ur insecurites and weakspots, but it certainly tells u alot about those knd of ppl! And the "PRICK" who did this to you must have looked a total one to everyone who saw him, whereas u wouldnt have. He probably wanted to look "powerful" and decided to do it in this bizarre way- IDIOT x

Yossarian

I can't add anything new or worthy to say, I just want to show my support really. Prick is definately a good description. Like people have said unless you stand up to him nothing will change. It may be scary but it can't be worse than being treated like that? You're a cool bloke, you deserve better than that.

MadCat

I would have died on the spot also.

From my experience I think people probably did find it rather amusing. Most people who laughed were probably laughing at Horatio for being so easy.

IMHO I think the guy was a prick and everyone who laughed were pricks too. If I was actually spectating I would give him the loser comment but if I was the victim I would just roll over and die. And anyone who laughed at me I would also drop down and die.

Society seems to revel in these things because it gives them more security and belief that they are generally not as weak as others to laugh at them. Ahh yeah my post is biased though.

Horatio

thanks all for the ideas

I ended up going to someone in a higher position and explaining the situation to them.

Ive since received a genuine apology which I accepted

Yossarian

Yeah that's really cool H! It sounds like you dealt with it in a mature way, with alot of dignity. Good for accepting the apology too, dignified until the end. I hope things get better for you now.

J

Good job, H-Man!! Plus, your method was much better than the one I suggested. :D

annie

Horatio said:
thanks all for the ideas

I ended up going to someone in a higher position and explaining the situation to them.

Ive since received a genuine apology which I accepted

Way to go Horatio :) going to someone in authority, and also got an apology....very good.
Be proud of yourself mate.

annie :wink: