Psychologist

ShadowCat

I'm going to my psychologist this Wednesday. Do you think it would be a bad idea to tell her that I've been going to this forum?

ShadowCat

Kezada said:
no, lol goin on internet forums 2 learn and talk bout social phobia aint a crime.

Kezada

Lol, I know. It's just that on a derealization/depersonalization forum I was going on, some of the people said their therapists didn't want them thinking about their mental illnesses all the time.

jesuschristschild

ShadowCat said:
I'm going to my psychologist this Wednesday. Do you think it would be a bad idea to tell her that I've been going to this forum?

no, i believe they will find it healthy, i remember when i was social phobic, i had nothing like this to turn to, i went all over the net looking for social phobic people to talk to.....every time someone told me they was shy i hoped they were as shy as me haha

but never turned out that way, i thought i was one of a kind

PRAISE THE LORD FOR HELPING ME

but yeah, when i went to a psychologist, they made me feels good cuz i found someone i could open up to, but i eventually found i was getting worse anyway....from the time i started going to my psychologist i was not too bad but quite bad....around the time i stopped seeing him, i started cutting my wrists and i was much worse.....so i dont blame him, but dont lean too much on him or her

he had some decent tips, but they never worked lol

Jesus saved me from this phobia and depression

thats my testimony

AMEN

annie

ShadowCat said:

Hi Shadow,
I think it is a good idea, why not?
Also be completely honest and upfront with her about what you are feeling otherwise how is she to help you.

Good luck!

annie :)

nicola_maire

what nick said is true. the more i told my therapist the mores he found out i had issues with my self than soical phobia, which was causing me to be 'shy'. thats why i had cognitive theropy, to help my self essteem and show me, alot of the bad thing we say about our selves, that we think people think about us, is just us! when you explore it, you come to think about ' do i know this for a fact'? the answer? NO!. good luck, im sure you'll be inspired!

Chilling__Echo

i told my psychologist and she thought it was a great idea. either way it just depends how it effects you. hopefully you gain drive and strength from it as well as support knowing that others are out there. you sharing your own fears in turn helps others. that's just the way i see it. it's another story if it just depresses you or gets you down.