Question for the over 40 crowd

cadaver_

I've read posts on here over time from people over 40 who mention that they have extra challenges with SA that younger people don't have to deal with. Being in my 30s I was wondering what those extra challenges are. Really interested in knowing what other difficulties I may encounter in the future. Please mention everything you can think of.

GloomySunday

I'm one of the more mature posters here and have had depression and anxiety in one form or another since I was about nineteen. In some respects, it's gotten easier as I've gotten older.

As you get older you just have to accept that shit is going to happen, such as divorces, bereavement, losing jobs and friendships etc...everyone goes through these things. It's unavoidable. But in going through dark nights of the soul time and time again, you learn how to live with it, how to cope. Basically, you learn how to survive through experience.

I actually feel younger and more inspired than I did a few years ago when I was taking drugs, drinking and being generally self destructive. Had I continued in that vein I wouldn't be here today. Life's not so bad as time goes by. You know yourself better and you learn things that work for you.

Be good to yourself, you only live twice... :D