Question

esp

Is everyone's social phobia thinking you are worse than other people or about avoiding the anxious physical symptoms or both? Just wondering. Like why do I automatically accept other people but think they don't accept me. Is anyone else the same?
Emma

Danfalc

Banned
Well for me its both, i try and avoid situations which are going to make me anxious, and yeah i guess i accept everyone but feel like im being judged myself

Crimefish

I'd say it's both. Thinking you are worse than other people and all those other irrational thoughts are combatted in cognitive-behavioural therapy. So are the physical symptoms. It's surprisingly easy to learn to control them and prevent anxiety attacks.

soshi

My social phobia is that people will know I am intimidated and afraid. I think other people are better than me because they seem so self-assured and confidant.

Angie_05

It's both for me. Like I am terrified for someone to see the physical symptoms of my anxiety, such as shaking, heart pounding, scratchy voice.

But I also view everyone else as "having it all" and I am just so much more unhappy than others.

Scottish_Player

I would say its both for me aswell,i will accept people no problem but feel i have to make an impression for others to accept me :roll:

esp

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was thinking that if every one of us accepts people straight away then we should all feel very accepted here!