QUIT PROZAC??

ReVeR

SO I BEEN TAKING PROZAC FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS NOW,
AND I JUST CAME TO REALIZE THAT I HAVE BEEN TAKING A WHOLE LOT MORE RISKS THAN EVER BEFORE.

NOT TOO LONG AGO I DECIDE TO SNEAK OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT,
I MET UP WITH A COUPLE OF FRIENDS AND
BEGAN TEARING SHIT UP AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD.
ABOUT AN HOUR LATER I FOUND MY SELF RUNNING
FROM THE POLICE. I LOST THEM AT FIRST BUT THEN
SOMETHING TOLD ME TO GO BACK TO THE SCENE,
SO THATS WHAT I DID THEN THEY SAW ME
AND I SAID FUCK IT, I CAN OUTRUN EM AGAIN.
BUT I QUICKLY GOT TIRED SO I DECIDE I SHOULD
SAVE THE LAST OF MY STRENGTH TO FIGHT OF A PIG
(IDK WHAT I WAS THINKING)WHICH I TRIED TO DO
BUT ENDED UP GETTING MY ASS BEAT
AND GETTING ARRESTED ON CHARGES FOR
FELONY VANDALISM.
AND NOW IM TERRIFIED ABOUT GOING
TO COURT AND ALL THAT BULLSHIT
ON TOP OF AN EXPENSIVE ASS FINE.

BUT ANYWAYS I BEEN TAKING THE DUMBEST OF RISKS
ITS LIKE I KNOW THAT MY ACTIONS ARE NOT
SO MUCH OF A GOOD IDEA AND I COULD
GET IN TROUBLE FOR IT. BUT SOMETHING TELLS ME
IN MY HEAD THATS WHY I SHOULD DO IT,
IT SEEMS LIKE I JUST LIKE THE FEELING I GET OUT OF IT
YOU KNOW THE "AM I GONNA GET CAUGHT OR NOT" FEELING.

BUT IDK, IM NOT SURE IF ITS MY MEDICATION TO BLAME.

ANYONE ELSE RELATE TO THIS, ANY SIMILAR EXPERIENCES??
OR DO YOU THINK IT COULD BE MY MEDS??

Angel_Of_Death

How about you edit your post, change the text to regular letters instead of caps lock, and then I may bother reading it....

scruffpot

Medication can cause certain side effects on behavior but be it if we are on them or not we are all responsible for our actions.

If it was Prozac, you'll have to get evidence that it was the medication had a certain effect on you, and that will be very very hard. You will need doctors and shrinks evidence and back up on medical proof that the medication effected you, blood test personality test and so forth.
Had you been drinking? Why did you go out and decide to tear up the town? Had you taken any other drugs, medical or not?

read this
http://www.garfnet.org.uk/new_mill/winter96/aa_proz.htm
http://www.panic-anxiety.com/articles/prozac-fluoxetine/

In other words there is not any scientific evidence that Prozac can make you violent, plus doctors would have monitored you closely and sorted out dosages before giving you anything.
If something is telling you to do something in your head that is a psychotic episode, which is something you would have to prove before going to court.
To be honest I doubt you will have a leg to stand upon, it was more then likely you to be high on adrenaline and it was a flee or fight moment. Plus people you hang around with peer pressure etc etc.

ReVeR

Yes, well I know what I did and I understand that I have to deal with the consequences for my actions, and I'm not trying to go to court and say that i committed the crime cuz of my medication I knew what i was doin but something made me feel as if i should go against all odds.
and thats what got me thinking if i should quit or not.
and no I didn't drink that night.

Its happening at school as well. Usually i would never talk to the teacher across the room. Today I argued with my teacher from across the room
and i said some pretty messed up stuff that i know i shouldn't of said.
What I'm trying to say it that I feel like my meds are giving me a
"I dont give a fuck" attitude I'm not much of a preson who likes to take risks like that. Something is different about me but idk why or what it is.

Another reason I forgot to mention is that I've been having like some type of partial seizure its been happening so much that ive gotten used to it.
It happens when i stand up quick or when i stretch. 3 years ago i had a real bad seizure and i thought it was epilepsy but i got an MRI and i was told that i was fine. I hadn't had a seizure untill this year about 2 weeks after i stop smoking marijuana and started taking Prozac.
I'm gonna have a talk with my doc tomorrow, and see what he thinks is best for me.

and scruffpot, thanx for those links they were helpful

...well im hella confused now I hope all this made sense.

scruffpot

Dude there we go I think you might of anwsered that for your self, from weed to prozac.
Weed can change you big time, mental depressions, anxiety, violence, withdraw symptoms, and so forth. I know as I have been there and done it all, as we all ahve done, but not any more I got bored of it.
also if you google it you'll see some medical facts

So you probaly had large amounts of chemicals from the weed in your system then ontop of that you stuck prozac. Hense mood swings and arguments etc.

You dont pysically have control over your actions as you are going through withdrwal stages. no matter how little or lots you smoke as it takes time to get out of your system but is being replaced by something else.

Did you tell your doc you used to smoke dope?

for me I used to have mood swings and get angry and so forth but it turned out my thryroid was busted so on levyrothyroxine and that levels me off but i still wake up angry,a nd can't control myself.