Quotations from the Bible

Doomed2Die

I believe there was an older topic along the same lines but most of the posters do not frequent this site anymore, so I decided to create this one rather than revive.

Let's begin with something that describes how the bible (thusly God Jehovah) has personally helped me immensely with Social Phobia and OCD and continues to do so.

Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let your petitions be made known to God; and the peace of God that excels all thought will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are of serious concern, whatever things are righteous, whatever things are chaste, whatever things are lovable, whatever things are well spoken of, whatever virtue there is and whatever praiseworthy thing there is, continue considering these things... ,and the God of peace will be with you.

Philippians Chapter 4, verses 6,7,8 and 9 respectfully. In short, pray for any trouble you may have, make these problems known to God through Christ Jesus (in prayer) and continue considering these things do this and Jehovah will be with you. :D

I will post more in the future, but feel free to post your own quotes too.

AngelsTears85

These are a couple of my favorite ones…

If God had a refrigerator

If God had a refrigerator, your picture
would be on it.
If He had a wallet, your photo would be in
it.
He sends you flowers every spring and a
sunrise every morning.
Whenever you want to talk, He will listen
He can live anywhere in the universe, and
He chose your heart.
What about the Christmas gift He sent
you in Bethlehem; not to mention that
Friday at Calvary.
Face it, He’s crazy about you!

Footprints in the sand

One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walking along the
beach with the Lord.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene, he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand, one belonging to
him, and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of his life flashed
before him, he looked back at the
footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the
path of his life there was only one set
of footprints.
He also noticed that it happened at the
very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered him and he questioned
the Lord about it.
“Lord, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you’d walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life there is only
one set of footprints.
I don’t understand why when I needed
you the most you would leave me.”
The Lord replied, “My precious, precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering, when
you see only one set of footprints in the sand
it was then that I carried you.”

AngelsTears85

Who am I in Christ.

I am called of God by my name…Isaiah 43:1
I am engraved on the palm of God’s hands…Isaiah 49:16
I am delivered from the power of darkness…Colossians 1:13
I am a new creation…2 Corinthians 5:17
I have a purpose for living…Jeremiah 29:11 and Ephesians 1:11-12
I am never forsaken…Psalm 27:10
I have a father…Psalm 68:5
I am the temple of the Holy Spirit…1 Corinthians 6:19
I am receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken…Hebrews 12:28
I am loved with an everlasting love…Jeremiah 31:3
I am crucified with Christ…Galations 2:20
I am the light of the world…Matthew 5:41
I am more than a conqueror…Romans 8:37
I am an ambassador for Christ…2 Corinthians 5:20
I am accepted in the beloved…Ephesians 1:6
I am healed by the wounds of Jesus…1 Peter 2:24
I am free from condemnation…Romans 8:1
I am complete in Christ…Colossians 2:10
I know God’s voice…John 10:14
I have all my needs met in Christ…Philippians 4:19

lifes_to_long

I am an atheist but like the words of the bible,And many religous scripture I think the bible should have a place in everyones heart but it has been pushed away from people by misconception within the religous world, which has twisted the words of god into there own.For example. political powers using the words of god to declare war and others within the religous world.This has no place and they have no right.To me I find it hard to agree with the words so many people have taken the purity out of and in the same word labelled hate and hypocrocy.

Doomed2Die

lifes_to_long said:
For example. political powers using the words of god to declare war and others within the religous world.This has no place and they have no right.To me I find it hard to agree with the words so many people have taken the purity out of and in the same word labelled hate and hypocrocy.

Well said, that is a major element of why many refuse the bible for various reasons. With all these hypocrites of whom they call themselves Christians there is of course much confusion, but why? By chance maybe, a good front in which to acculmate followers and power? I think not.

'... the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one' NWT 1 John 5:19

Satan the devil as described in the bible strives to prevent man from learning about the truth of things, Jehovah god. The simple fact that the bible is twisted often by leaders and hypocrites only reinforces this, otherwise if it was not genuine it would have disappeared long ago.

Sacrament

Who's this "god" person? He must have a pretty big wallet, if he wants to carry everyone's picture in it. Maybe he's the one holding all the money the poor should have. Big, big wallet.

de

Doomed2Die said:
I believe there was an older topic along the same lines but most of the posters do not frequent this site anymore, so I decided to create this one rather than revive.

Let's begin with something that describes how the bible (thusly God Jehovah) has personally helped me immensely with Social Phobia and OCD and continues to do so.

Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let your petitions be made known to God; and the peace of God that excels all thought will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are of serious concern, whatever things are righteous, whatever things are chaste, whatever things are lovable, whatever things are well spoken of, whatever virtue there is and whatever praiseworthy thing there is, continue considering these things... ,and the God of peace will be with you.

Philippians Chapter 4, verses 6,7,8 and 9 respectfully. In short, pray for any trouble you may have, make these problems known to God through Christ Jesus (in prayer) and continue considering these things do this and Jehovah will be with you. :D

I will post more in the future, but feel free to post your own quotes too.
hows it going since my anxiety has worsened over the last number of years my faith and beleifs have grown stronger and a passage that has since had more relevance to me is galatians 6;17 from henceforth let no man bother me for i bear on my body the marks of jesus christ they way i like to interpret this passage is that nothing and no one (my anxietys)will bother me because i have faith in jesus

silentangel

trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding,
acknowledge Him in all your decisions, and he will direct your paths

sketchy24

I've always liked this...

God's Love Letter

You may not know me, but I know everything about you... Psalm 139:1
I know when you sit down and when you rise up... Psalm 139:2
I am familiar with all your ways... Psalm 139:3
Even the very hairs on your head are numbered... Matthew 10:29-31
For you were made in my image... Genesis 1:27
In me you live and move and have your being... Acts 17:28
For you are my offspring.... Acts 17:28
I knew you even before you were conceived... Jeremiah 1:4-5
I chose you when I planned creation... Ephesians 1: 11-12
You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book... Psalm 139:15-16
I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live... Acts 17:26
You are fearfully and wonderfully made... Psalm 139:14
I knit you together in your mother's womb... Psalm 139:13
And brought you forth on the day you were born... Psalm 71:6
I have been misrepresented by those who don't know me... John 8:41-44
I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love... I John4:16
And it is my desire to lavish my love on you simply because you are my child and I am your father... 1 John3:1
I offer you more than your earthly parents ever could... Matthew 7:11
For I am the perfect father/mother... Matthew 5:48
Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand... James 1:17
For I am your provider and I meet all your needs... Matthew 6:31-33
My plan for your future has always been filled with hope... Jeremiah 29:11
Because I love you with an everlasting love... Jeremiah 31:3
My thoughts towards you are countless as the sand on the seashore... Psalm 139:17-18
And I rejoice over you with singing... Zephania 3:17
I will never stop doing good to you... Jeremiah 32:40
For you are my treasured possession... Exodus 19:5
I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul... Jeremiah 32:41
And I want to show you great and marvelous things... Jeremiah 33:3
If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me... Deuteronomy 4:29
Delight in me and I will give you the desires of your heart... Psalm 37:4
For it is I who gave you those desires... Phillipians 2:13
I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine... Ephesians 3:20
For I am your greatest encourager... 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
I am also the Father/Mother who comforts you in all your troubles... 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you... Psalm 34:18
As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close you my heart... Isaiah 40:11
One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes and will take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth.... Revelation 21:3-4
I am your Father, and I love you even as I love my son, Jesus... John 17:23
For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed... John 17:26
He is the exact representation of my being... Hebrews 1:3
He came to demonstrate that I am for you, not against you... Romans 8:31
And to tell you that I am not counting your sins... 2 Corinthians 5:18-19
Jesus died so that I could be reconciled... 2 Corinthians 5:18-19
His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you... I John 4:10
I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love... Romans 8:38-39
Come home and I'll throw the biggest party heaven has ever seen... Luke 15:7
I have always been your Parent, and will always be your Parent... Ephesians 3:14-15
My question is ... Will you be my child? John 1:12-13
I am waiting for you ... Luke 15:11-32

Doomed2Die

Identifying marks of the last days

* Unprecedented warfare.—Matthew 24:7; Revelation 6:4
* Famine.—Matthew 24:7; Revelation 6:5, 6, 8
* Pestilences.—Luke 21:11; Revelation 6:8
* Increasing lawlessness.—Matthew 24:12
* Earthquakes.—Matthew 24:7
* Critical times hard to deal with.—2 Timothy 3:1
* Inordinate love of money.—2 Timothy 3:2
* Disobedience to parents.—2 Timothy 3:2
* A lack of natural affection.—2 Timothy 3:3
* Loving pleasures rather than God.—2 Timothy 3:4
* A lack of self-control.—2 Timothy 3:3
* Without love of goodness.—2 Timothy 3:3
* Taking no note of the impending danger.—Matthew 24:39
* Ridiculers rejecting proof of the last days.—2 Peter 3:3, 4
* Global preaching of God’s Kingdom.—Matthew 24:14

Things look pretty dire at the moment, if I do say so myself. (excerpt from http://www.watchtower.org/e/20051001/article_02.htm

LostViking

Horribly specific claims that were absolutely not very general in nature, and not slapped onto some of the latest examples from our history.

*drips with sarcasm*

(Actually, I'll give them kudos for going for WW1 instead of WW2. Better go rally the heathens, someone are getting too creative!)

Thelema

Doomed2Die said:
Identifying marks of the last days

* Unprecedented warfare.—Matthew 24:7; Revelation 6:4
* Famine.—Matthew 24:7; Revelation 6:5, 6, 8
* Pestilences.—Luke 21:11; Revelation 6:8
* Increasing lawlessness.—Matthew 24:12
* Earthquakes.—Matthew 24:7
* Critical times hard to deal with.—2 Timothy 3:1
* Inordinate love of money.—2 Timothy 3:2
* Disobedience to parents.—2 Timothy 3:2
* A lack of natural affection.—2 Timothy 3:3
* Loving pleasures rather than God.—2 Timothy 3:4
* A lack of self-control.—2 Timothy 3:3
* Without love of goodness.—2 Timothy 3:3
* Taking no note of the impending danger.—Matthew 24:39
* Ridiculers rejecting proof of the last days.—2 Peter 3:3, 4
* Global preaching of God’s Kingdom.—Matthew 24:14

Things look pretty dire at the moment, if I do say so myself. (excerpt from http://www.watchtower.org/e/20051001/article_02.htm

I hate to barge in to what was a nice thread, but thats total BS. There have been those things since the beginning of time. Every few years theres people saying the World is going to end and it never has. There hasn't been a single time in the history old the World where the things in that list didn't happen...as someone that doesn't believe in any of that stuff, I still know Jesus himself said that NOBODY can predict when he will return...so come on....really

Scaring people in to faith is terrible. Saying "look, look, Jesus is coming and you better watch out!" isn't from the Bible, its from paranoid individuals that filter the Bible to their immediate needs and delusions

bleach

Banned
Ah, but Thelema, by saying that you are both 'taking no note of the impending danger' and 'rejecting proof of the last days'! THE PROPHECY IS FULFILLED!!!!

Thelema

bleach said:
Ah, but Thelema, by saying that you are both 'taking no note of the impending danger' and 'rejecting proof of the last days'! THE PROPHECY IS FULFILLED!!!!

I just spent the day sailing...the World doesn't seem so end of days to me....rather bland..not even enough wind to fill the sail

Ajuna24

"I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin." Mark 3:28-29

Ericisme

Videotape said:
i'm not a massive fan of the bible.
I know right, these guys don't belong on socialphobiaworld.com Go pray or something, why would internet help you if you believe in god so much? You go online for help, don't you people pray for help? Wait, why do you guys deserve to be like you are anyway? Why did god do that to you? While giving some jerk who never did a good thing a better like then you? You guys ever hear of science, gravity, physics, or maybe evolution? Pretty sure they all prove god wrong.