Really lonely...

Kieken

Just to add to my previous thread- another reason I feel so desperately lonely is because I'm now 22 and have never been in a relationship. Not once. Not even close. I feel so unloved and really crave affection.

There's a guy who I work with who I really like. He's just so warm-hearted and patient. And he's so tactile and affectionate. He always hugs me and gently touches me and it's really made me realise just how much I crave that feeling of being in someone's arms, someone you really care about. Unfortunately he has a girlfriend but even if he didn't I'm sure nothing would happen...

Hello Kieken,

Welcome to the club (and to the forum, for that matter), If you want to have more chances of meeting someone that shares the same interests, you could join a club or something.

I am very limited when it comes to relationships and love, sorry.

Don't feel too bad, as i'm 44 (twice your age), a guy, who's also never been in a relationship, nor even been on a single date. I think i really do need much affection, but never have i had it, so as a result i have suffered a "rough" life.

Hot_Tamale

Don't feel too bad, as i'm 44 (twice your age), a guy, who's also never been in a relationship, nor even been on a single date. I think i really do need much affection, but never have i had it, so as a result i have suffered a "rough" life.
I'm in the exact same boat you are, Hand, only add to it missed chances, humiliation, and rejection too on my end (I'm about to turn 30 at the time of this post). The old saying goes "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then" but I have my doubts.

grapevine

Its weird because what I found is that when you start to really enjoy your own company and let go of things - I know this sounds off putting - but that is for some reason when people attract into your life- when you are not looking for them, when you dont need them.

Its so true. When you decide to not care about what others think of you and to totally just give way- let go of all of that - trying to control others- you feel free and start to enjoy the things that you love more.

I had a quite short period of that and then all of a sudden things/ people and relationships flew my way.

Last edited: