relationships (others) anxiety

Slytherin88

I have a question for you folk about anxiety and fear of being around others that are in relationships.
Over a year ago I ended my first and only long term relationship of nearly 10 years, for many reasons. Since then I cannot deal with being around others who are in love or lust or anything of the sort. I understand that this is just basic hurt, jealousy etc from own experience however it's starting to majorly impact my anxiety (which I believed I had under control).
I'm living with an amazing flat mate, however she has recently got a boyfriend who is staying the night more frequently and mostly I escape the house. But obviously it is unreasonable to do this all the time, and I get roped in to staying around with them. She is always courteous and asks if he can come over, but since it is her house, I don't really have any right to say no.
What is it that makes me so anxious about him coming over? Or being around any couples who are together? I don't have any issues with my parents, or sister and her partner, or friends I have known for quite awhile.
Help!!