respecting myself

buty

It's not about shyness i know.
but I want to know how you guys think about this
and want to get some advices to make it.
I've seen some books about personal growth
saying 'RESPECTING YOURSELF'.
I don't understand... well... I'm ashamed of myself in many things that i
don't know how to respect me and why.
I think It can be a vanity.
what do you think?
If you respect yourself, why and how?

pitkreet

Hi Buty, nice name.

I'm no expert on these things, but here are some of my rambling thoughts on such a matter.

Everyone has as much right as everyone else to exist. Nobody has more right to be alive than anyone else. We are all blessed with the gift of life and are entitled to live our lives.

Some people will be better than you at doing certain things. That does not mean they have more right to exist than you. Some people may be considered to be better looking than you. That does not give them more right to exist than you. This is YOUR gift of life. It is not for anyone else to decide how worthy you are. It is for you to decide how you wish to live your life. This is YOUR gift of life, to do with as you please, to explore things that take your fancy. Never forget that.

Other people may appear to disapprove of certain things about you. So what of it? It is none of their business. It is not for you to tell them how they should be, so likewise, it is not for them to tell you how you should be. Why should you be ashamed of yourself? Because others in society have made you feel that you have something to be ashamed of? But what is it to do with them, this is your life, not their's. You are only ashamed if you are worried about what others think of what you do, but it is none of their business what you do. They have no more right to exist than you.

If we were all birds, would you be worried about the other birds thought of you? Or would you just fly and enjoy the freedom and your gift of life?

ok, that's enough verbal defication...someone else take over, please...

dave1976

ok i have just realised this is an american site so when iam online you are all probably tucked up in bed doh , Dave in england

marki

No way, spain and itally have the same timezone as Holland (where i live) and according to this site it is about 8 pm and in my timezone right now it is 12 pm so that's not possible,

I was thinking about this too, it must be something between europe and Amerika?? :?