Rewind your life?

Rembrandt Broam

If you could go back to some earlier point in your life and re-live it from that point onwards (with the knowledge and life experience that you have now) what point in your personal timeline would you choose?

I'd go back to when I first started high school, and focus myself better on my work. I think my life could have turned out a lot differently (and happier) if I'd applied myself, rather than wasting so much time goofing around. There's also a girl I would definitely ask out, rather than being an idiot and worrying what my so-called friends would think.

Just after finishing the first conscription. I want to do better in my career choices and life choices.

Illusions

I'd probably go back to around 2 years ago so that I could 1) have another shot at my school exams that I didn't do well for (this time round I wouldn't take Economics... god, I HATE that subject with a burning passion) and 2) sign up for therapy earlier on.

I'd have to agree with, Fitftw. Going back wouldn't solve much for me. I'd have to go back to the age of 5 (minimum) to make a definite change, and seeing as 5 year old's can't get jobs, I'd be forced to stay home and be subjected to the same negative stuff I have been now.

I rather look to the future for comfort.

HeadFace

Talluluh Bankhead once said...
"If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."

LifeInternal88

hmm...I would go back to high school. With what I know now, I would just approach things differently.

I would sign mysef up for acting class, or something like that, so I could work on my speaking confidence.

I would take up an instrument.

I would go for dance classes, or swimming or tennis or...

I would still not date :) I think relationships should come after 18. Before 18, you should just have fun, learn, and have crushes on cute boys.

I could actually still do all these things. But it's just easier in school because all these activities are freely availible on one campus.

ObiWan

Oh Man , i love these types of questions. So many things id love to change but every regrettable moment seems to somehow related to every great one and cant see me changing one without effectuating the other.
For 1 i became a father way to young. Would love to go back and wait till i was better prepared but i couldn't imagine a life without my kids. They def made me wanna be a better man.
Then there's me quitting school so my gf could move in at 16. But if she didn't move in she may not be my wife as of now for the past 20 years. She is my oldest and best friend and my soul-mate. But i do wish i would have done more in school when i had the chance. Parents gave me and my runaway gf a choice she moves in i get a job. So i quit school so she could move in. I did go back to school later down and get my Bac of Science degree.
But i truly wish i could go back to any point that i may have hurt her or my children. Any point that any of my stupidity and selfishness caused my family to do without. Basically i would go back as the man i am now and go from there.

Phoenixx

Well, I got to thinking I would go back to my childhood. Not because I regret it at all, but because I want to relive it again. I want to feel like I did back then, not having a care in the world, not afraid to talk to people (I was only shy with adults, but I think that's a normal kid thing), and pretty much always happy. There are a few things in my childhood I would change though, some situations that I'd rather not list here.

But of course that also means I'd have to relive everything that happened in my early to mid teens. Those were not happy times at all. They were inevitable and I do not wish to relive them again.

WeirdyMcGee

Back to grade 5.
To the point when I met who I thought was the love of my life.
To the point where I met the only person in the universe whom I've been attracted to physically, spiritually and emotionally.
I would avoid my ex and not date him - no matter what.
If a different option came along; I wouldn't date anyone.
No one even bothered to say they liked me until after highschool graduation and I was bullied by every person in general-- so it shouldn't be a problem...
I would work harder and save more money so that I could actually finish my first year of college.
I would move into student dorms, rather than sharing an apartment with 'him' and focus on group assignments.

I'd rather not have any dating experience.
I'd rather have not met him and not had my heart broken - and I'd even rather not have him as a best friend for years because that just made things harder when he left.
I can make it alone. I've always been alone-- I'd rather have stayed that way than experienced this pain that refuses to go away.
If I'd have been able to stay in college; I'd have graduated last year... and I'd be working for my friend's film company already or perhaps even acting in Vancouver.

I think about that as if it were an alternate timeline all the time.
Like, I messed up my entire life.
I guess this is the way it's meant to be, though.
My family is poor. I should be with them. I'm used to being poor and not getting anything I want.
Not that I even want anything anymore. I don't care.

Fen

To my childhood, when I used to waste all my free time on videogames or cartoons.
The best age ever

MikeyC

Even with the knowledge I have today, I would not want to go back in time anywhere.

If I was forced to, though, I would go back to year 8, 1999. That way I could change my life and not grow up to be the guy I am now.

Felgen

If I could rewind my life and start all over again, I'd let one of the other sperm cells win.

Simple.....I'd go back to the first day in the new school (grade 4) when I first met the group that bullied me relentlessly, everyday for the next 2 years, so that I could stand up to them and fight back. Hell I'd even do whatever it would take to stop them from ruining the rest of my life.
I would not mind beating the crap out of them and facing whatever consquences came from that.
That would be better then having my thoughts/personality destroyed for the rest of my life.

Yeah, that's what I would like to do, too.

Sorry to hear you were bullied so relentlessly. ::(:

I have been quite surprised to read how many users in this site have bad bullying stories. ::(:
It does seem a very common occurrence with users in SPW.