SA symbol

Which symbol should we use to identify each other?

• bead necklace w/letters that say SAD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ¿Evitas? (Spanish for "Do you avoid?")

• Go here to see it: www.fobiasocial.net/postt4388.html (You'll have to scroll down, but eventually, y

• brick wall

• small "SA" written on the backs of our hands

• bracelets (made out of string or something with a certain color combo;they wouldn't have to be too g

• SAD in a cool font

• Total voters

introvert

Can people really tell a social phobic really easily? :oops: I thought I was doing a pretty good job of playing a 'normal' person.

HiApeNest

introvert said:
Can people really tell a social phobic really easily? :oops: I thought I was doing a pretty good job of playing a 'normal' person.

I think some people can, or at least they say they can. I don't know how they do it. I'm always suspicious about someone, but after watching them for a while, I usually figure out that they probably aren't social phobics after all. That's why I'm trying to start this whole crazy symbol thing. I can tell who doesn't have SP, but it's hard for me to figure out who does. Apparently some people can do it though.

Yossarian

I can't tell. I've been told by people that I can come across as aloof or disinterested. Many times I'm misinterpreted as being arrogant or snobby. I like the ostrich idea. It sums up my approach to life quite well :D

HiApeNest

If anyone knows of an SAD site other than SPW, SAS, SAUK, shyunited, and fobiasocial.net, it would be great if you could tell them about this idea and set up a poll like this one. How about in a month, we make the final decision on our symbol? That should give everyone enough time to spread the word. Don't just limit it to this language either. If you speak another language and you know of a site for that language, tell them too. Try to get every SAer on the Internet to vote if they're interested. I know we will probably miss some sites, and not everyone will get on in the next month, but let's just try to give as many people as possible a say in what symbol we will use. On November 21st, we can start using whichever symbol gets the most votes. I'm thinking we should choose the winning symbol based on which one wins on the most sites, so post the sites you go to here. That way we can count the results from all of the sites.