Saying bye to people.

My hellos and byes to people are really strange. When i say bye to someone...I feel like im putting too much emphasis on it. I think im too eager to say the appropriate goodbye to someone, because i want to make a friend in him/ her...i think thats why. Maybe im too senstive..., but saying hello/bye is really important for me it seems. I think theyres something i must learn from this. Any of you have this problem?

deadphish

Martin,
I can totally relate to that. The best method for me usually is to invoke the old show business axiom "get off quick!"

In other words the longer you take to say your farewells, the more pressure there is to actually leave. I have experienced this dilemma countless times and find that I would rather be even slightly rude and abrubtly say bye than linger too long and make myself (and others) feel awkward.

tommydog

haha actually i used to know a guy .. he was perfectly well adjusted happy chappy .. if a tad shy .. but anyway .. it was so strange .. the way he would say goodbye ! :lol:

specially on the phone. we could be having a perfectly normal conversation for example .. and then suddenly .. like at the end of a sentence or something .. he'd be like "ok bye" and hang up !! :lol: it was the funniest thing ever, and he would do it over and over and over again .. everytime without fail it was hilarious :lol:

dont think about it too much mate you stress yourself out for nothing. everyones got thier funny little behaviours .. just go with it man .. you say your good bye's abnormally ... who cares .. other people will probably just think its amusing and thats not a bad thing :D

Crimefish

Yep, I suck at choosing the right time and right way to say bye. So I just wait for the other person to do it.

Jegan

I have the same problem...like when ever i approach some one..no matter who it is ..even if i know that person..when ever i happen to see him on the street...i try to say hello..my voice comes out soo weak..i just wonder if the person heard me or not..and ya i have trouble saying bye too..man im still suffering :cry: