Schizoid personality

dannyboy65

I was told I was schizophrenic when I was put in the hospital. It's because I hear voices and such. But I haven't been getting bothered by them lately because I've been taking my medication as told.

Earthcircle

Well, that's not the same thing. I was diagnosed schizophrenic and tricked into taking medication, which was awful. I had no symptoms at all. I mean, I was *not* hearing voices, or anything of the sort. There were no ideas of reference. However, I may have had flat affect which is also a schizoid symptom. Perhaps I still do (this was over 30 years ago). But, as I'm sure you know, schizoid and schizophrenic are not the same thing. Here's a link: http://numerons.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/23-schizoid-personality-disorder-and-lonliness.pdf

dannyboy65

Well, that's not the same thing. I was diagnosed schizophrenic and tricked into taking medication, which was awful. I had no symptoms at all. I mean, I was *not* hearing voices, or anything of the sort. There were no ideas of reference. However, I may have had flat affect which is also a schizoid symptom. Perhaps I still do (this was over 30 years ago). But, as I'm sure you know, schizoid and schizophrenic are not the same thing. Here's a link: http://numerons.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/23-schizoid-personality-disorder-and-lonliness.pdf

Oh now I know what you mean sorry I didn't really know. I do now and I understand what you mean now. Sorry for the confusion.

NickGabriel

Greetings folks from Russia! Well, SPD truly isn't a "pleasurable" thing in terms even of its kind of positive qualities as a bulletproof state (no one ever'll offend you emotionally - it's a flogging of a dead horse anyway), derealization abscence (even though your stomack was empty and sleep deprived for a very long time within a day), abnormal tolerance (mostly "-", than "+", but persistence is indisputable at that state), meekness (hardly speaking vulgarly - got too low energetics).

Secondarily, of course - minuses, which, i think, at least 2 times more harmul, than "+" - frequent apathy, thinking perseveration (hate it. as usual, gone to work yesterday, obtrusively repeating all the day the same listened fragment of some music/video in my head), none of inner voices in mind (yeah, it's more "-", enough boring & flatly not having it - there's just no muse for creative inspiration you might run into), and all in all, the main problem - social adaptation: want talking to any one, but "fall asleep" straight, listening to your companion, don't giving any *hit of all the conversation at last.

Wanna stroll somewhere, but don't care - the result is obvious, that's unfair. Oh, my goodness, it's not a living any more, but a distorted form of existence, bless any human not becoming a schizoid, like me or anybody on this forum, nothing really progressive you might get, having it - complete procrastination at any personal business: doing one-> enjoying nothing ->getting tired->abandoning it, then all over again.