Scripts

Shy_Gurl2007

Do any of you have to write out a script when making a phone call? I have been putting off a very important phone call because I just can't find the right words. As soon as I pick up the phone, my mind goes blank!

I usually write down what I need to say before making a phone call... on the rare occasions I can push myself to make one. Phone phobia is still my biggest plague, I avoid making calls so much I probably come across as irresponsible, when really, I'm just terrified and petrified at the thought of dialing a number.

Shy_Gurl2007

I usually write down what I need to say before making a phone call... on the rare occasions I can push myself to make one. Phone phobia is still my biggest plague, I avoid making calls so much I probably come across as irresponsible, when really, I'm just terrified and petrified at the thought of dialing a number.

I just worry about offending the other person somehow.

D

deleted user 1

Very recently I had to make an important call, I found it very useful to just run through what I wanted to say. Making a few bullet points perhaps? I also like to rehearse in my head what I'll do. It makes things much easier to deal with.

coyote

I tend to go over all the possible variations in dialogue again and again and again

naturally assuming that the other parties' comments will be negative or confrontational

rarely am I even remotely correct

Oxygen

I hate making phone calls.. I get so nervous and can hardly remember when Im born if I get asked :rolleyes: I sometimes write down what I'm gonna say and when I wait for the person to pick up I go over what I'm going to say first in my head.