Seasonal Affective Disorder

Steve23

Does anyone here experience seasonal affective disorder? For the past few years since moving to a new city where the weather is pretty dismal during the fall and winter months, I have a tendency to get overwhelmingly depressed and moody. Anyone try light therapy or have any suggestions for dealing with it?

Solitude

I get effected by the weather very easily. It's been really nice (low to mid 70s) here this week and I have been in an awesome mood. But winter is coming very soon and I'm not looking forward to it at all. The winters are sooo long and depressing here. I had a very hard time last winter, I don't know how I'm going to deal with it this year. I know just going back and forth between work and home doesn't help at all. Oh well, not much else to do but push through it! I am so ready to go somewhere warm and sunny... I think that would help me a ton.

Oh, the only therapy I've tried for it comes in 12 oz portions. I don't think it helped much ::p:

petrified eyes

I think everybody above the 40th parallel has seasonal affective disorder. ;)

I find that having a few houseplants around helps a little.

scarednotshy

I know people get depressed in the rainy/cloudy weather, however I find I love the rainy/cloudy weather. I feel like it hides me. When it's sunny I feel scared and exposed.

Strange, I know.

I lived in Olympia WA years ago and it was raining or cloudy about 70% of the time in. I loved it!!!!

I should move back there where no one can see me, lol.