Senior Year Problem

typewriterx

So, it's my senior year of highschool, and I feel like I should be doing more, participating in activities, enjoying every last moment, ya know? It's just that I've grown distant with my past friends &I don't ever have anyone to go to these functions with, &it's highschool and senior year no less, so everyone already has their group of friends. I try to talk to people, but it's like lately I always say something really dumb and then I feel like everyone is laughing at me or whatever. I make efforts, but they only get crushed soon after. Anyone ever been in a similar situation that might have some good advice?

Thanks n_n

izzymarie

If I were you I would try to reconnect with the people you used to be friends with. Since you were the one that drifted away from them, they will probably be more than happy to let you back into their circle once you start showing interest again. I mean they were friends with you for a reason, right? :)

Also every time you feel like you say something stupid, just stop and try to remember that it's the anxiety thats talking. I have this problem pretty much everytime I have a conversation, but I always remind myself that its all in my head and my anxiety is just on overdrive :rolleyes:

Good luck with everything!