Shy around siblings boyfriends/girlfriends?

Lotrsfan

Anyone else shy around their siblings boyfriend/girlfriend?

I am :lol: My sister's been going out with him now for 1 and half years and i have not said nothing to him (ok, except hi a few times but then i stopped lol) or he hasn't said anything to me either.

Sometimes he comes round unexpectedly. Because if my sister doesn't go into school that day, but he did, he would knock round and come in to see how she is and i'd be all like "What? i didn't know he was going to come round!" and my heart would beat really fast and my face would get abit hot and i'd quickly have to find something to do to avoid him lol like sit in the garden if it's nice or go on the computer and pretend i'm really too busy to say hello. Yeah, i know, i don't wanna be like it, just well it's this SA. :cry:

My personality changes, when it's just my normal family at home i'm all loud and crazy but when he comes round i keep silent or if i do talk to my parents, i try to do it where he's not listening.

We do have occasion where we go out as a family and he comes along. Like for my sister's 18th birthday he came along to the restaurant we ate at. It was planned a few weeks before my sister's birthday and i would say no i'm not going and would ponder over "what if i can't be myself and he knows i've got something wrong or what if he sits next to me in the restaurant, suppose if i'm the only one that's not talking, how should i dress" etc
but i went along and i was a abit relaxed because he was just talkin to my sister and he didn't look at me really or didn't look like he was bothered in how i looked or ate and i sat next to my mum, so i would talk to her about the food and all that so that he knows i can talk just shy of him. But he's a little shy infront of my parents because he doesn't talk that much to them.

He's round here today, and it's one of those days when he turned up unexpectedly. It's a good job i was decent and i wasn't wearing my PJ's or something lol

They are in 'our' (because we share a room) and i'm on the computer...obviously typing this and keeping silent etc.

A few hours ago i was in the garden doing some cross stitch and then they came out to sit in the garden and it's a good job i had something to do because i would've know where to put my eyes because i felt if i looked at them, i've have to talk or go over. He probably knew i was avoiding him and all those thoughts like "Oh, he probably knews i'm not looking at him and he thinks i'm nasty and unsocialable" etc etc went through my head.

When i went inside to get like some scissors or something for my cross-stitch, i listened and noticed that they stopped talking when i moved lol :lol: