Shy guy makes a move on his crush!

Hello everyone, my screen name speaks for itself, I'm from Florida and im a teenager, well, im 19 now not 18. Anywho, Im recovering from a troublesome past of shyness and in the last year i just let myself go to video games and gained like 15 pounds OMG!!!

Haha, well im losing the weight like nothing, i decided to run every few days, and i walk a few miles every day , sometimes during the day, and the night. Its slowly paying off as i feel more energetic and less lazy.
I also limit myself to 1-2 hours a day for video games and I force myself to be more social.

So heres the good stuff my readers want to see.....

One of my great neighbors (a 32 year old man) has a a niece ,she is two years younger than me, but she is like a PEARL, her hair is shiny, smells great, and her eyes are gleamy and gorgeously blue! Its rare to see a girl with darker hair and oceanic eyes. So u may now be wondering okay so when does he make his "move"?

Im a different guy than what i used to be, i tried the whole sex before marriage thing, and I learned that its just not worth it, in so many different ways. I dont want to get into that, maybe some other post on a different forum section, but i wanna stay on topic for now.

I knew this girl for a while, i never really talked to her in the past, but she kinda moved in with my neighbor recently, during the weekdays, so i have so many chances to see her, and I run into her unexpectedly more than often, because she lives so close.

Im a pretty shy kind of guy when it comes to meeting people and when it comes to carrying on a decent conversation, so sometimes that fear gets me, but when I see this girl, I DENY THAT FEELING! I tell myself " Oh no, you are not falling for that bullcrap going on in your head, she is too pretty and cute to pass up. AT LEAST be friends with her , this way you FEEL some sence of PROGRESS!"

One night she stopped by my house to get something, i forget what it was, but she was in the middle of running and I was playing Mario Kart Wii online and glued to the screen when i heard her tell me she was running that night. So i jumped in and joined her, she was slower than me, but I didnt mind jogging and pushing someone else besides myself to run, it was really motivating!

She still goes to school and goes back to her moms on the weekends, but last week in general, i made plans with her to run, she avoided that, and then im like ok no big deal, we will run some other time. And I told her that i would like to hang out with her the next day, because i was preoccupied with one my REALLY close friends ive know for over 7 years. I went to visit her at 10 PM one night, i seen her walking around a few hours before i dropped my friend off at his house and I chatted with her for a little bit, but i told her i would hangout with her after i drop off my friend. Well if you understood that, great, it was kind of repetitive... anyways she HAD TO GO TO BED at 10 PM i thought that was so ROFL material, but i held it in and she told me she would come over to my house the next day, so i agreed and told her goodbye.

Im one of those people that when someone says that they are going to do something, then i expect them to do it, which is how I am, but everyone is not like me. She didnt come over the next day and i was dissapointed, because I was looking forward to just talk about anything with her, Ididnt really care if it was boring weather stuff, or even girly stuff, i have 2 sisters im used to it, lol...shhh dont tell anyone i said that i talk about girly stuff, u could ruin my manliness!! OH NO!!! *AHEM*

She avoided me for a few days, or that is what i thought, and then my shy guy self started to kick in again, and it was telling me to not worry about it and just drench my eyes into mindless video games. I wanted to go with that thought, and i was so tempted to just forget everything and go into elusive mode, but a part of me wanted to change, and i was not going to let myself suffer from the same mistakes i have in the past. I decided to do something completely different then what i would normally do, and i used a technique i learned from public speaking class in my community college I once attended, I rehearsed many times what I wanted to say and visualized everything coming out of my mouth the way I wanted to.

I knew I wanted to tell her that I felt like she was avoiding me, and i wanted to tell her that i wanted to spend more time with her, because she seemed like a great person and i wanted to get to know her better, but i felt like she was pulling away from me for whatever reason she chose to. I wanted to tell her that i still wanted to be friends with her, but i couldnt do this if she kept being evasive. I wanted to tell her that she did not hurt me by avoiding me, but that i did not appreciate it.

I rehearsed those words many times, and it was hard to do it, because I felt like an IDIOT outside on my driveway reapeating myself over and over. I had all the words written down on a piece of paper, i wanted to destroy my shyness for that night, so i did everything i could to prepare myself. I eventually got to where I could say what i wanted without looking at the paper to guide me, and i then practiced by visualising her beautiful self in front of me, and i saw my lips moving in a rythm, pronouncing every word so smoothly, and I even imagined having a warm and friendly tone while doing it. Im not sure what i sounded like when I practiced, because i was so into it, but i believed that my practice was going to pay off, and I felt SO confident that I accepted that I was going to be okay with whatever happened afterwords, and that my honesty might be appreciated, or it might piss my friend off, but i accepted the risks.

I called her house and it was busy, so im like CRAP.... and i thought to hold this off until tomorrow. I realized if i did that, then I would not be able to sleep that night. I went with the mindset that this is something i need to do to become a more social person, and i felt if i did this it would be an emotional relief for myself, and there was NO backing out now, so I walked over to my neighbors house down the road.

I rang the doorbell because I noticed my 32 yr old neighbor friend wasnt home, but my (girl) friend's car was there. At that point im thinking "what am I doing, turn back before its too late" I then held on to that anxiety of not being able to say anything to fuel my memory of what i was doing for 30 minutes talking to myself on my driveway. I felt confident again, and then the door opened...

This was at 8PM at night, so i had the courtesy to ask her if she would like to talk with me outside for a few minutes, she agreed and came out on the porch, followed by her 14 year old cousin. At that point i told her cousin that i would like to talk with (my friend) in private, so she went back inside. I then begin to say my nearly perfected words of honesty... and i began,
" I want to be honest with you, you seem like a great person, and you seem like you have a lot of potential to be a good friend, but lately I feel like you have been avoiding me and i dont appreciate that....."
I then tell her why i thought she was avoiding me, and that i have forgiven her and i would still like to be friends with her, but that i wanted to spend more time with her and get to know her better.

I could tell that she really appreciated my honesty, and she said she was sorry that she didnt meet my expectations, and she thought that i told her i would come and hang out with her, not the other way around, I said it was not a big deal, and what happened that night was golden.

I have never even thought about being that honest to my friends i have had for many years, and my new friend was like a new person to me, she completely opened up and told me a little about her past and the troubles she was going through, and i sympathized with her, and we chatted more that night, it was only for around 10 minutes or so, but WOW what a great acomplishment i did!

Not only did i completely destroy my shyness for one night, but i layed down a sturdy foundation for a friendship with an "OMG am i dreaming" type of girl.

I think that the readers may have been mislead when i said "makes a move" , they may have thought i would throw out some cheesy pick up line. Even though those may work for one night stands, they are also great for the foundation of a horrible relationship.

I now can enjoy being friends with this hotty and feel less shy when im around her, and who knows, maybe one day our relationship might blossom into a lasting, loving relationship. :D