shy people, come here!

paye

hi fellas,

i'm really shy and it makes me blush...

then my heart goin crazy and... I FCKED UP AGAIN!

it's happening ever damn day, and i'm bored! are you?

i'm the one who can stop this.

my new motto is "practise makes perfect"

so, my shy friends,

let's be a group in this thread and beat up shyness together!

we can start with something small and step after step, we can beat this!

i think we can start with our family,

i'm plannin to goin front of them, and read a poem aloud. (this can be our step one)

and end up with a askin someone out ::p: (step ten)

*these are just thoughts, everyone can add something -and should be-*

this can't go on forever.

so, who is with me?

NewtoThis

I've always wanted to take an amusing picture of a bunch of people sitting on bleachers, looking bored and not interacting with each other so I could write the caption, "Loners UNITE!" but I've been too shy to ask people to pose. Maybe that'll be my step 10 :D

EscapeArtist

I'm with you!! Love this thread, can't wait to hear about your challenges! Thanks for making this, also, and sharing this idea.

I'll do some challenges in my employment class, and in front of family...

I am considering asking to present a presentation about the connection between mental and physical health in my employment class, especially because we have been doing sections on mental health, had some speakers come in, and because my ultimate goal is to be a naturopathic doctor so it would be in relation to the class. :)

I am considering this as an ultimate goal and do it in 3 weeks but I'm so scared to sound too preachy and I wouldn't know where to start!

First goal.... Join a conversation by adding even once sentence of my say. Doesn't have to be witty ...

I think poetry in front of family is a great one, especially if you fear showing emotions (do you?)good luck!!

Last edited:

Apotheosis

I've always wanted to take an amusing picture of a bunch of people sitting on bleachers, looking bored and not interacting with each other so I could write the caption, "Loners UNITE!" but I've been too shy to ask people to pose. Maybe that'll be my step 10 :D

If you've got some editing skills, you could have everyone in this thread take a photo acting like you said, then blend them all into one shot! :D

Then it really would be a union of loners.

I guess that would kind of ruin the social part though.

Enizibe88

See my own kind of shy is like fear,i cant do the things i want to in public places cuz am shy,but i think i like that idea of readin a poem in front of your family and am also goin to key into that also

Last edited:

paye

I've always wanted to take an amusing picture of a bunch of people sitting on bleachers, looking bored and not interacting with each other so I could write the caption, "Loners UNITE!" but I've been too shy to ask people to pose. Maybe that'll be my step 10 : D

wow great one. i can copy it as a my step nine maybe but even thrilling to think for me. : )

I'm with you!! Love this thread, can't wait to hear about your challenges! Thanks for making this, also, and sharing this idea.

I'll do some challenges in my employment class, and in front of family...

I am considering asking to present a presentation about the connection between mental and physical health in my employment class, especially because we have been doing sections on mental health, had some speakers come in, and because my ultimate goal is to be a naturopathic doctor so it would be in relation to the class. : )

I am considering this as an ultimate goal and do it in 3 weeks but I'm so scared to sound too preachy and I wouldn't know where to start!

First goal.... Join a conversation by adding even once sentence of my say. Doesn't have to be witty ...

I think poetry in front of family is a great one, especially if you fear showing emotions (do you?)good luck!!

i think you are in? Good luck to all of us ; )

uhhh play an instroment or something in front of people?

good one.

See my own kind of shy is like fear,i cant do the things i want to in public places cuz am shy,but i think i like that idea of readin a poem in front of your family and am also goin to key into that also

then you're in too, if i get you right?

okay, here is my plan,

if you wanna join in this "unite", just tell me in this thread and let me add our usernames to first post.

then, everyone sets their own steps (because if you already have a lover, you better stay away from my step ten :) ), and we promise ourselves, and after all we can finally start :)

so, i'm waitin with hope, ;) please don't be shy! ;)

and also i have a request from other members. please feel free to support us.

I don't know why but I felt that I had to say this.

I wish I could join you, but I can't. Nothing is stopping me to do it, but for some reason right now I don't have the initiative to do something. It has something to do with my family, they are very misunderstanding and unconsiderated, I don't feel that I have any support from anyone IRL, and despite all the right advices I may get in this forum, I don't see myself taking any initiative (see? huge problem just for step one). So I don't think I can start making any progress until I move away from home, and that's gonna take a few years until I finish college. 'Till then I guess I'll just wait for a miracle to happen like some girl may get interested in me and take the initiative.

Sorry to ruin the hopefulness atmosphere.

NewtoThis

If you've got some editing skills, you could have everyone in this thread take a photo acting like you said, then blend them all into one shot! :D

Then it really would be a union of loners.

I guess that would kind of ruin the social part though.

My editing skills are terrible, although I do enjoy photo-shopping every now and then...

But like you said, I'd better do this in real life so I can say I accomplished something. :)

And to Arther_Dent, I think the point is to do tasks that intimidate us, so your step one is to visualize taking initiative!

jjsan777z

hey is there any way i can upload a pdf file and show it to u guys? its like an ebook and it helps somewhat on being shy and awkward..its like 60 pages.

Sproggy

I like the idea of having some sort of motivation for getting over this. I'm in xD
I guess my first challenge is to actually ask my teachers for help o.o I've never had the guts to which is kind of letting me down (school-wise). I'll try reading a poem to my family as well :)

IGotSeoul

i wanted to post this site i stumbled on , might help some people out?

Top ten myths about introverts - Jerry Brito - StumbleUpon

Yes, those are some of the most common misconceptions out there. And people tend to interchange a lot of similar words and pass them off as the same. Like shy and Introvert. They are not the same thing.

yes this is one of the very few things that annoys me to no end. I believe the word introverted has even adopted the same meaning as shy outside of psychology. I've had people approach me and ask me if their introversion is curable. :confused:

sucettes

I hate blushing, people has commented on it so many times and now I'm completely scared to blush and every time I do it I get a panic attack and then the situation gets even worse. I have been trying to get over it for years but it's hard.