Shyness and NLP/ other advice

Gedi

Hi :p

Im interested in finding out if anyone has found NLP helpful with there shyness/sp and (if you know) how it worked.
Also if anyone has done something that worked to help combat their shyness/ or boost confidence.
I got list as long as my arm, but I reckon that my shyness is a)deep rooted subconsciously or b) inherited/genetic.

Any views? 8O

Gedi

Anonymous

I tried the 'one hour phobia cure' with Philip Holt, it didn't work. Also I tried a two day seminar with Paul Mckenna called 'overcome your phobia'. That didn't work either.

Steve

Anonymous

Yeah hmm. . NLP is Neuro Linguistic Programming. It basically is an invention used in sales, therapy (especially phobias), buisness, anything really. It basically is about programming your brain and using what is called unconscious resources to achieve a goal, or sort a problemo out.
It goes off premised that, say for even for shyness/ social phobia there is a process you do with your brain which produces a chemical and physiological affect to enable you to feel that way. Mainly by what you say to yourself or other sounds, imagine, feel, remember,believe, and this will have various internal/external influences. So a NLP practitioner would kind of ask you to think of something you are good at, or like, etc and put you into a better state of mind then use his skills which include hypnotherapy (NOT stage hypnosis) to help you use your inner resources and change your perception.
This is a short version, but its worth checking out books by Richard Bandler like Frogs into Princes, Using Your Brain for a Change, or something similar.

helsbells

that helps! i was wondering about good nlp books, so thank you!

its hard to find a good nlp therapist for sa, anyone have any advice?