so i made an appointment with a counsellor

lonesomeboy

man it was hard. i called like 3 times and hanged up because i was so anxious. eventually thought, i spoke with a lady counsellor and set an appointment. i felt so embarrassed throughout the whole ordeal.

i've never spoke about this with anyone in real life. only really online.
anyways she asked me what was wrong, and i froze. i coudnt answer her.
she seemed nice and she said we'll talk about it face to face.

iam afraid when we meet, iam gonna clam up. this is by far the most anxious thing i've ever done. i guess because iam sort acknowledging i have this mental problem. plus iam gonna be talking about with a total stranger!! i dont even tell this personal stuff to my family.

anyways, we'll see how it goes.

UnbreakableShell

Hey lonesomeboy, seriously don't feel awkward talking to a counsellor. Thats what they do, they help people. I'm pretty sure they've dealt with someone who also has SP/SA.

Sue

hay good on you for making that first step. some people dont understand how scary that can be but you did it. its hard work to talk about stuff you are afraid to talk about but when you say your peice and let the counceller know whats on your mind, its a huge weight lifted man.

you should be proud of yourself for doing this for yourself. most people egnore it until its nearly too late.
no offence to anyone in here guys. it was just a general statment about people who make trouble in their lives instead of been given it without choice i.e. bipolar or depression.

redlady

Well done John - It is always hard the first time. I broke down and cried the first time i went and saw a doctor, it's hard - but worthwhile in the end.
For me it is easier to talk with a stranger - someone who is objective and removed from your everyday life. I could never talk with my family the way i do with my therapist.
I'm sure you wont clam up - you are in the frame of mind to help yourself - otherwise you would never have made the appointment in the first place. Goodluck with your appointment.

lonesomeboy

thanks everyone i appreciate really...

to be honest iam not 100% sure I can go ahead with it at this stage. But i will try my hardest.

Sue

i really think it is a savage idea. you can only do the bast you can and always give yourself credit for trying. the idea is off putting but i think it would be super if you went ahead with this plan.
im sure once you get into it, it will get better for you. :wink: