so rediculously stupid...

Fredscars

i got a call on my mobile at..6:00am which i missed, and they left a voicemail, but the number was withheld. On top of this, i odnt have the credit to reach my voicemail.
Now that seems normal enough, but im bieng so stupid. Ive somehow managed to get into a full anxiety thing. Typing this is calming me down slightly..but i havent managed to sleep since the call, im hyperventilating, my body is like..rackwed with the pain i get when my anxiety is high..
i feel liike im standing on the stage in front of a huge crowd..all over a silly voicemail messge.
Anyone else ever experienced this?

Yossarian

I think I may of had a similar thing happen....I'm not sure lol. It is definately the sort of thing that would flummox me. Weird things at weird times. Not so long ago someone knocked on my door at 4 in the morning. I couldn't sleep for ages wondering what it was about. Ah you know you just gotta put it out of your mind until you get some credit and see what it was about and I know it's not that easy lol. Stupid anxiety. Stupid brain. Blank it out. Blank everything out lol. Probably a wrong a number or something. If it's important they can call back etc.

Oh wait I remember when I used to keep my phone plugged in (landline) I would get calls at about 8:30am which is very early for me lol. They would freak me out. Even though I could just check the message I would try and get some sleep and forget about it. Then I would give up, listen to the message which inevitably wouldn't be for me and still couldn't sleep afterwards due to left over panic. Stupid anxiety.

black_mamba

:lol: @ left over panic.

Fred' I get the same stress if I get an odd call and cannot do anything about it, seems as if we should both get rid of our pay-as-you-gos eh? :)

Fredscars

haha yeh, mind you..contract just works up high bills for me :lol:
i got the message, but now im just even more confused
it was a guy, who said "you're a slut, you're a slut, you're a filthy fucking whore"
i odnt remember doing anything wrong :?

Scottish_Player

I had 4 silent phone calls to my mobile early one morning at about 3.30 am when i answered there was nothing, i was very anxious i kept thinking someone was outside my house or checking to see if i was sleeping so they could break into my house, it took me an hour to get back to sleep as i was just lying there thinking about it. It was probabley one of my top 5 anxious moments :roll:

Yossarian

Sounds like some guy who drowned his sorrows and got the wrong number. I assume their relationship didn't work out due to communication problems hehehe.

Yossarian

Scottish_Player said:
I had 4 silent phone calls to my mobile early one morning at about 3.30 am when i answered there was nothing, i was very anxious i kept thinking someone was outside my house or checking to see if i was sleeping so they could break into my house, it took me an hour to get back to sleep as i was just lying there thinking about it. It was probabley one of my top 5 anxious moments :roll:

Eurgh, freaky, freaky. Sympathies SP. That would freak me out too. Nothing worse for an over active imagination than an unanswerable question.

Scottish_Player

Yossarian said:
Scottish_Player said:

Eurgh, freaky, freaky. Sympathies SP. That would freak me out too. Nothing worse for an over active imagination than an unanswerable question.

I turn my phone off at nights now :lol: , i hadnt done anything to offend anyone (not that i know of :roll: ) so iam thinking it was just some weirdo with nothing better to do with their time but like you said its the fact of not knowing who it is that freaks me out and also what else bothered me was that they might have known me, i could me working with them or something like that, i was hoping i had a stalker but ive not got that kinda luck :roll: :lol:

annie

I received a call one night just as I hopped into bed, from a guy disguising his voice saying "I am going to get you". It did frighten the hell out of me, but I kinda knew who it might have been.
You see it had to do with work related stuff and a colleague and I discovered that he was doing things he shouldn't have been doing at work. So he knew we were onto to him, so he tried scare tactics for us to shut up...Obviously he didn't know me too well, because I don't scare that easily, especially when I come from a background where I have people to look after me. He even sent me and a few other colleagues notes that were actually left at our homes in our letterboxes...as you opened the note it just said YOUR DEAD....well I just made sure that he overhead conversations at work that when I get this bastard that they will be dead. While this was going on, my poor father died from a heart attack, so I was away from work for two weeks. When I returned the prick was there and come into the room where I was with my boyfriend and he said "hi sorry to hear about your father"...I just looked at him and gave him the evil eye and said "whatever"....he then just left and I never saw him again and all the threats had stopped. I know there definitely was a cover up at work, but at least he stopped threatening me and some colleagues, because if he hadn't I would have taken another approach and scared the SHITS out of him.

annie :wink:

Horatio

if you get real worried about it Fred then remember as a last resort you can contact either the police or your phone company

you can actually charge people with innapropriate use of a telephone for leaving unwarranted/obscene or threatening calls or messages

the phone company could tell you what the number was that called it on those grounds

Fredscars

heya, thanks for the messages and advice - i'll keep that in mind horatio, incase he bothers me again.
I dont mind it so much, but it does work me up, especially when i dont know who its from. And,well none of us take insults that well, i guess