so sick of being a lesbian

Sue

being a lesbian is hard when you dont know who else is a lesbian but its even harder when you dont have the "balls" to talk to other women. where do you start if you have sp and zero confidence? :x

Remus

Staff member
are there no gay bars near you?

perhaps online dating, that encorperates gay/bi people

or a newspaper add?

guess when you are out its hard to pull if you havnt got a "I'm a lesbain and I'm single" T shirt on, who knows whos what?

guess my advice seems stupid and patronising as I have no idea what the "gay scene" is like, even though I go to Manchesters Gay Village alot

Sue

all men

the gay scene here is all men. women dont seem to want other women to know what they are.im not out to pull although it would be nice but im just looking for a bit of a laugh :?

black_mamba

I aways wondered how lesbians met other lesbians. 8O

Online dating seems to be the way to go at the moment, esp for an SP sufferer, you can get to feel comfy with someone (+ find out their sexuality too) without too much anxiety.

I think its a great idea, as long as you're clear with your intentions its a good way to meet people. I know it has a bit of stigma attached to it still but don't let that put you off. :)

Sue

i would feel strange about meeting someone that iv been talking to on the internet but love chatting. the only problem is that everyone is obsessed with sex and deosent want to talk about anything else..i understand the whole sex thing but im not sex mad.

black_mamba

I understand, but seriously there are people out there don't just wanna talk about sex.

Why would you feel strange about meeting someone from online? *thinks*

Ok yeah it definitely has that 'this is crazy' feeling about it, but I don't think its a rational feeling. People online are just people. Sometimes online personas are different to real life ones though - something to be wary of.

Sue

i always wanted to talk to chat with you. your advice seems sound and im a huge fan of kill bill.

black_mamba

No way! Cool its my favourite film of all time and I love well filmed violence, I never really took notice of tarantino until kill bill came along well yeah and....
blahblah.gif

You shouldn't have got me started, I will never shut up about that film. :D

So anyway....favourite character?

Sue

who do you think girl the lovely uma of course. sorry bout late reply im running all over the house. i have seen kill bill 1 and 2 more then any other film except aliens. im a huge sigourney weever fan.

black_mamba

Haha I *love* the alien films, talk about a kick ass heroine. I shaved my hair off a few years ago because of that woman (well kinda, lots of reason, also because of damaged hair). Lets just say she inspired me.

Don't worry about the late reply, I don't ever expect instant replies. I'm online a lot because I'm exhausted from my new job and coming home I just wanna slouch in front of the pc with a cigarette.

Ahem, also, I am addicted to the internet. My wrists definitely need slapping. .oO(remember uma slapping that kid crazy88? don't play around with the yakuza!) hehe...

What other films do you like?

Sue

imostly love horror films. i went to see the descent twice. sarah (the lead role) looks like uma in kill bill when she has blood all over her face and turns into such a bad ass. have you seen it?

SilverLiner

Wooo for Aliens :D

I must admit I'm a huge fan of Alien: Resurrection, despite the fact that most people seem to hate it.

Sue

i dont know how they could man its so good. she is sooo badass and so much fun to watch.

black_mamba

The descent looks not so hot, but I was tempted to watch it because of the all female cast (bit sick of macho men in films)...

But! I am a big chicken with horror flicks, they give me heart attacks. Maybe if I can force someone to come with me I'll be mildly ok 8O

Sue

you must be up all night diong this. i must say im starting to become addicted to this.

black_mamba

I wasn't up all night online (for once!) Went to bed at 11pm and got up at 9am. I'm online again because I was getting some phone numbers I needed...

Shaking now after that call I just made, I booked my motorbike pratical test. :D

I'm crapping myself! Sue, do you have any medication I can steal?
:eek:

Sue

its not the greatest horror but i enjoy crap films for some reason. im going out tonight with two close friends. i hope i dont screw up and have another pannick attack. i hate it whaen people have to look after me. i hate feeling like such a burden and being dependent. maybe there will be a nice croud of girls ithere that i could hang out with. just maybe this nightmare will end.

Sue

i dont think iv ever broken a girl into being gay. im using the word gay because i hate the word lesbien. i really cant stand that word. it just sounds so fake. :?
the wrist band sounds like a good idea but dont know where to get them.
eye contact iv tried before and i found out that women that do that are only checking you out so they can giggle about you to their friends. very anoying but i got over it. im sure not everyone is as shitty as that.
i know its not going to fall into my lap but i know that it will happen when im not expecting it to. :D