So tired...

wistful_dementia

I am so tired of everything, that I barely feel like writing this. I am 30 and see no end in site for my shyness and loneliness. I need to develope conversation and social skills. Every time I seem to make progress I get shot down and become disallusioned. At this site at least I might be able to find people that can understand; funny, but up until now I didn't realize that there were so many people out there with social anxiety disorder.

slahive

Feeling empty?.
I am 22,and the last months,i've let myself fall into a trap,of lying about thinking,or not moving my legs/arms..
It is like,i am old,real old...And no energy in me.ABSOLUTELY NONE.

You need to go for a jog or kick a ball about,chase it all over the place.

lonelycody

You know feeling tired all the time is because you quite often feel down, depressed and your mind is going non stop but one of the best ways to feel better is to exercise. Your mind is tired as it is going non stop but your body needs exercise as well, you will be amased at how much energy you have.

slahive

I agree.

When ones mind goes overloading....wE THINK about anything,worry about simplest of things,worry about people(who might not even love us)..etc...
It builds up,to make us want to just go to sleep,and not get up.

I am fit,but maybe i need to just get some adrenaline back into me.Because sleeping around,or sitting at a pc all day,it almost tells you..ALL you are,is a spirit.

A body is nothing:all it is..is a covering,a layer.Just try to omagine stripping it.There's my heart,there's my mind...I know where they are>>>>>>>>>>Lets leave them alone,for awhile,and just get myself rushed with adrenaline,for SOMETHING..

IT CAN BE a passion,like building a collection,re-structuring the house...doing yourself up/makeover....running with the dogs...
Doing and finishing a few jigsaws.

Adrenaline pumped minds,are better than the shite,we throw at ourselves.....when we tire and just think and laze,feeling sorry.

wistful_dementia

[/quote]Slahive says "A body is nothing:all it is..is a covering,a layer.Just try to omagine stripping it.There's my heart,there's my mind...I know where they are>>>>>>>>>>Lets leave them alone,for awhile,and just get myself rushed with adrenaline,for SOMETHING..

IT CAN BE a passion,like building a collection,re-structuring the house...doing yourself up/makeover....running with the dogs...
Doing and finishing a few jigsaws.

Adrenaline pumped minds,are better than the shite,we throw at ourselves.....when we tire and just think and laze,feeling sorry."[/quote]

I must admit I have been feeling discouraged about making progress in treating my social anxiety (see my other post in the main forum).
Well, we can philosophize about whether there is a soul seperate from the brain (which is a part of the body) I don't believe there is- there is simply a complex set of neuro 'circuitry' that gives us the illusion that the soul is seperate. I do have to agree however, that excercise is great at treating depression. Being fit does increase our energy level, simply because our body runs more efficiently which increase our energy level, as well endorphins are released which acts as a natural opiate. Endorphins act like natural anti-depressants boosting our mood and indirectly our engergy level also.

As far as treating social phobia- too much stimulation (of my amygdala ;) can produce an excess of adrenaline- hence, I can't think and am easily emabarrased and avoid social situations, etc... (see the links in the menu). Also, if a person operates on too much adrenaline for too long and too often can actually become destructive on the mind and body. Which I think may be one of my probs.

Sooo..... excess adrenaline is a no-no! I do agree stimulation of the mind (without adrenaline) and muscle is good for fighting off depression. So is trying to think rationally and not distorting my thinking- such as overgeneralizing the entire world or blaming myself entirely when I am rejected by some one, etc.

So, I do agree with you guys to an extent. I use to excercise and meditate as well as use corrective thinking- I need to lift myself up and get back into it. Thanks for your concern everyone- I think I just needed to know that there are decent people out there with a concious and who can actually listen. I appreciate it.

renegade

As far as treating social phobia- too much stimulation (of my amygdala can produce an excess of adrenaline- hence, I can't think and am easily emabarrased and avoid social situations, etc... (see the links in the menu). Also, if a person operates on too much adrenaline for too long and too often can actually become destructive on the mind and body. Which I think may be one of my probs.

Yeah, I read that the amygdala is responsible for fear reaactions. But let me see if I get this right...if you feel anxious for a long time, your body releases a large quanity of adrenaline, witch is toxic for the body and mind and thats the reason you feel like sh*t.

In what way is adrenalin harmful ?

After long periods of anxiety I feel very tired, emptied of both physic and mental energy, I feel like wanting to go to sleep, in the middle of the day. This happens very often to me.

And I bet that if I didn't have SP, and I could just be comfortable and joyfull around people, my body would release endorphines that had the opposite effect of adrenaline, wright ?

It's not fair, if you allready feal like crap then adrenaline makes you feel more and more feel like an absolute crap. If you laugh and have a good time, the endorphines take you to 7th heaven.

And as it becomes a habit, I guess happy poeple's body produce endorphines even when they feel low, it's they'r metabolism...as for us with SP, it's a vicious circle. :evil:

You're the expert wistful_dementia, am I wrong ? :roll: