So what is OCD?

ughih8ocd

I'm not completely sure what it is, can someone break it down for me in regular people language not all this doctor talk, use words the regular person will understand, please.

Can OCD effect my life in any other way besides my thought process?
If I stopped doing the rituals would one of my thoughts come true?

I can't type,read,or even click anything when I'm on the computer or reading a book without having to read over the sentence or keep re-clicking the same damn thing until my thoughts go away or I grasp on to a thought that is semi happier than the thought I just had.

and everytime I try to avoid doing rituals I just get this worst feeling all over my body as if something terribly awful has just happened, what is this?

please enlighten me on this, I can't stand this.

ughih8ocd

That is exactly what I didn't want to hear, Wiki is filled with words and expressions I don't understand, I want a regular person to answer those questions, that has had OCD in their past or still deals with it.

DespairSoul

Hello,

I dont deal with OCD-i guess i have some obssesive thoughts but this isnt mean i have OCD.

OCD isnt only pure thoughts OCD is mean also some rituals wich can effect your live ofcourse . Like u will hang on stuff no sense longer as with person what dont deal with OCD.

Importand is how much u deal with OCD and how u can fight with obssesive thoughts what come to your head round round if isnt annoying u at all.

Do yo do this: ?

Do you engage in ritualistic and repetitive counting in specific situations, such as always counting the number of steps between destinations or counting the number of objects in a room?

I think is pretty stressy do this ritual every day round round, accept that u could for example do something useless.

Or this:

Do you find yourself overly preoccupied with worry about the presence of dirt or germs to the point that it causes you great distress?

Also this can affect u pretty much worry round round how much dirt around you is and try obssesive every day not only think also clean like crayzy same shelfs and make geometrical so that u are satisfate. I know worse is practice that. Thats why u may read some good book about it or go the therapy for help, or make self therapy.

SO next to my opinion yes OCD can effect your live definetly. Every disorder can. Because u do stuff what u actually dont want to do. I dont want to be isolated but i do because i feel better. Also u have some thoughts wich make u feel good or better, also later worse because u are exhausted from controling everything rarely.

MsBuzzkillington

If you stop doing your rituals, whatever you fear, will NOT come true.

Your rituals are NOT preventing anything from happening. You do not control the outcome of things. You do no prevent negative things happening because you are doing a ritual.

The feeling you get when you don't preform a ritual, is anxiety. That's it. Anxiety is normal and it comes up when there is something we are afraid of.

OCD effects your entire life because you can't function normally and live your life without doing rituals.

OCD is when you do rituals to prevent anxiety/panic feelings. OCD is any kind of ritual, any kind of obsessive thought. OCD is the obsessive rituals. It's the feelings of NEEDING to do something. It's really not complicated.

Untamed88

You adopt a ritual because you get stuck with the idea that it overrides or prevents something bad happening.

You associate bad luck with trivial things, like not shutting the curtains all the way or someone touching the back of your chair and have to apply your ritual to counteract it.

Someone touches the back of your chair > you touch the floor to override the bad luck

ughih8ocd

sometimes if i think of a certain person place or thing or even an object i see it within the next three days wether its while im watching tv or doing whatever the **** im doing that day, lolwtf im trippin

help please

ughih8ocd

and also i think my ocd is going into a new stage because now it's less more off the actual interaction with my body its now more like verbal because i think if you dont say something out loud it wont happen and if you do it will, help[ ?