Social Anxiety Disorder Fiction Book

AmyLHale

Hi guys. I'm writing a fiction book on Social Anxiety Disorder/Generalized Anxiety Disorder! I am using some real life situationsof mine to guide it along. Please read and leave me comments on the site (I know you probably have to sign up to do it... but it would really mean a lot). If you would like to be updated when... I add new chapters... please email me at [email protected]. Put social anxiety or name of the book- "Shy Girl" somewhere in the subject line or message. Thanks!

HERE IT IS

Last edited:

jbeenthere

definitely keep going. all the internal thoughts associated with SA are so not public if you know what I mean. I think "normal" people would be really interested in this. KEEP GOING - you can do this.

were you ever paranoid that you were living in a world like the Truman Show (the Jim Carey movie)? when i saw that it was like how did the writer know what I was thinking in high school. and that total anxiety of hearing the bell ring and knowing you had to go back out into the halls and try not to be noticed. that could be a recurring theme maybe. and I was good at basketball but I tanked it in practice just so the coach wouldn't play me in games. those were the worst times when coach would tell me to go into the game in front of 2,000 people and all I wanted to do was run out of the gym. maybe your character has the same experience in choir?

I wrote a couple of screenplays several years ago and had an idea for one about a kid with OCD who is hyper-religious, which is one type of OCD. the boy becomes the center of a battle between an evangelical preacher who exploits him and a social worker who tries to save him.

writing is very hard work so give yourself props for even trying. have you heard of a book by Anne Lamott called Bird by Bird? it's about the writing process.

k123dave

definitely keep going. all the internal thoughts associated with SA are so not public if you know what I mean. I think "normal" people would be really interested in this. KEEP GOING - you can do this.

+1, fully agree! :D

Not sure what else to say. The language, description and style of the book are perfect! :cool: Just keep at it and I'm sure it will pay off :) Can't wait to read more!