social phobia and gynecomatia

Anonymous

Hi my friends, I'd like to know if any of you guys suffer both social phobia and gynecomastia(anormal glandular enlargement of male breast). If it's so, its posible that both disease have a common hormonal disorder.

I'm a male of 25, who has social phobia since I remember. Also, I have gynecomastia. I suspect a relationship between both diseases.

I wait for your comments!

Luis.

Anonymous

Hormones

There is a condition called Klinefelter's syndrome or 47XXY. You could have been born with an extra X chromosome. If you have it, you are probably taller than your dad and/or brother(s), and the span of your arms is greater than your height. If you suspect you have it, you should have it checked out because you might be sterile as well. Men with this condition can feel better with testosterone replacement therapy. Shyness and social awkwardness is a trademark of boys with this condition.

Anonymous

gynecomastia(anormal glandular enlargement of male breast). If it's so, its posible that both disease have a common hormonal disorder.

I'm a male of 25, who has social phobia since I remember. Also, I have gynecomastia. I suspect a relationship between both diseases.

I wait for your comments!

Luis.[/quote]

Anonymous

A hormonal link sounds interesting... but is it also possible that your SP is caused or worsened by gynecomastia?

When I was overweight I used to get picked on a lot for "man boobs" (not real gynecomastia, mind you, just flab). It's a "totally uncool" thing to have as a guy... that can help create or exacerbate anxiety.

Just a thought... the conditions may or may not be related, I don't know.... just a thought

Anonymous

Re: Hormones

USofWhatever said:
There is a condition called Klinefelter's syndrome or 47XXY. You could have been born with an extra X chromosome. If you have it, you are probably taller than your dad and/or brother(s), and the span of your arms is greater than your height. If you suspect you have it, you should have it checked out because you might be sterile as well. Men with this condition can feel better with testosterone replacement therapy. Shyness and social awkwardness is a trademark of boys with this condition.

Actually the arm span issue is not totally correct as not all 47XXY's have this ....I certainly don't my height is 6' 3" and my arm span is less.